GDT Red Wings @ Sabres Tuesday Dec 5th 7:30 pm ET ESPN+ / HULU

Spoonman

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

Piece. That's a word, correct? My computer doesn't think it is for some reason and auto correct can kiss my azz.

Legit thought there might be a place in Buffalo I didn’t know about lmao 

Edited by Thorny
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Celebrate for Celebrini

I know this is a joke but in 101% seriousness we absolutely, positively, should not draft a player with our first. Imagine thinking ANOTHER 18 year old kid is what we need to fix this mess. We have a surplus, and drastic imbalance overall. Trade it. 

• Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Detroit just showed us a master class of a proper rebuild. Timely FA signings mixed in with youth. Excellent drafting and getting the goaltending right. Even Arizona has leap frogged us. Meanwhile we are 2 points from the basement of the conference and a bottom 5 team. Rookie GM and rookie coach sending out a mostly all rookie team. It’s insanity. We all see it but the people who count don’t. 

You have to remember, that Steve Y. did the same thing last year and it did not work out (free agent signings).  He did it again and it is working this year.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

I just can’t believe how bad Samuelsson has looked at times this year. He’s just not the same player he was. 

Half the team is that way. It’s insane. 

We have one star,  this season. And the rest of this mess range from occasional decent/ barely middling NHL level to below average. 

Mule has been bad. It looks like he doesn’t even want the puck, just get rid of it ASAP seems to be his mindset. He’s not using his big body to move people or to win puck battles.

Power is not much better, skating like he’s in quicksand and being indecisive.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Mule has been bad. It looks like he doesn’t even want the puck, just get rid of it ASAP seems to be his mindset. He’s not using his big body to move people or to win puck battles.

Think it has anything to do with getting big contracts before either delivered on his promise??…

I do.

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Hopefully they send Benson to world juniors get this kid away from this toxic team right now 

Imagine that conversation:

”Zach, you’re one of our best players this year but instead of allowing you to continue your dream of playing in the NHL we are gonna send you to the WJC so you can be around winning.”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Tell me if you have heard this one before....... A hockey team forgets to start playing when the first whistle blows and falls behind 2-0 before any effort starts being shown......

So tired of this *****. This team has the talent to compete even with the injuries but cannot seem to motivate themselves until they are in a hole they cannot climb out of. Coaching issue!

This team are a bunch of pansies that cannot even grow a pair to take the body! Even the national broadcast was getting after the Sabres on the 2nd goal!!! 2 Sabres should have taken the body on the Detroit player but stick checked instead!! Again, coaching issue!!

This team has zero confidence and they are slowly falling into the that black hole which is another year missing the playoffs. What's worse is that we have to wait another 2 weeks to get Tuch and Greenway back. Chalk up another loss to Boston, and it would not surprise me to see us fall on our faces again against the Habs. KA needs to be fired if he does not at least try and bring some help for this team in. Standing pat is not acceptable at this point. 

5 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

As much as I bitch and complain about KA and his process, I’m not sure the team is broken (yet).  They actually came back tonight when this could have easily been a 7-1 type game.  KA/DG’s time to fix this mess is running out.  Sadly, if he doesn’t fix the goaltending nothing else matters.  The team can’t win with UPL/Comrie/Levi.  

I hate to say this, but KA must make a move and soon to show the team and the fans that this season is salvageable even if he overpays.  

I keep hearing that Adams has to make a move. This is a common refrain. I don’t entirely disagree.

But what assets does he really have to get good value? The young talent can’t even get minutes on a team that totally sucks.

And, further, who is going to trade a starting asset who has several years left on a good contract of that youth? Trading young assets for a half season loaner isn’t going to benefit this team. 

But, ultimately, imo, what does it matter with the coaching on this team? This team is not motivated. Their structure, systems, and on ice discipline is terrible. To me, that shouts coaching. 

The rest of December we play 8 games against teams currently in playoff position. That will be telling. If Pegula isn’t going to do anything this season, as it appears from what people are saying, then he’s the real issue. We need a coach who has some experience in a winning organization  and can motivate and instill a good system. 

I am fine with relinquishing draft picks, unless we finish last, in the offseason.

7 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Fyi:  https://www.lg.com/us/press-release/espn-app-including-espn-now-available-on-lg-smart-tvs

You may need a firmware update or say screw it and get a roku.  (I recently put a roku on a firestick TV).

This is good to know, I was sad when I was setting it up and learned I couldn't get the app. The firestick has been great for me (especially jailbroken) 

I agree coaching is a huge concern. Why any coach puts KO’s line on near the end of the game seriously raises questions about his judgement.  However he hasn’t lost the team yet.  If he had, they would have coasted in the 3rd period last night but didn’t.  

I also agree that KA isn’t getting top value at this point.  Desperate GMs in a limited market often get fleeced.  However we aren’t looking for an all-star or a guy with a longterm deal.  We only need to upgrade to NHL average goaltending and can afford to take on a big salary.  This will help get better value.  The obvious choices are guys like Jake Allen or James Reimer.  

7 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I want to be mad at you for this post.

But I just can't be.

This team is broken.

I would love for this post to be hated on too. I can't remember the last time I just didn't care about watching the team when I had a night off at home. 

They at least still got me to turn it on in the background, but that's fading too

41 minutes ago, #freejame said:

”Zach, you’re one of our best players this year but instead of allowing you to continue your dream of playing in the NHL we are gonna send you to the WJC so you can be around winning.”

Just saying getting Gold for canada is very important to players 

I understand where you're coming from though

Edited by Buffalonill

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

I just can’t believe how bad Samuelsson has looked at times this year. He’s just not the same player he was. 

Half the team is that way. It’s insane. 

We have one star,  this season. And the rest of this mess range from occasional decent/ barely middling NHL level to below average. 

Muel yes....and combine that with an absolutely horrible Power this year, them BOOM....half your top 4 are out to lunch this season.  Add the fact that we don't have a legit #4 (it's not Joki, Cliffy or Big Johnson) and we have a defense corp that is substandard vs. the teams we are trying to beat.

Edited by Carmel Corn

57 minutes ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

I keep hearing that Adams has to make a move. This is a common refrain. I don’t entirely disagree.

But what assets does he really have to get good value? The young talent can’t even get minutes on a team that totally sucks.

And, further, who is going to trade a starting asset who has several years left on a good contract of that youth? Trading young assets for a half season loaner isn’t going to benefit this team. 

But, ultimately, imo, what does it matter with the coaching on this team? This team is not motivated. Their structure, systems, and on ice discipline is terrible. To me, that shouts coaching. 

The rest of December we play 8 games against teams currently in playoff position. That will be telling. If Pegula isn’t going to do anything this season, as it appears from what people are saying, then he’s the real issue. We need a coach who has some experience in a winning organization  and can motivate and instill a good system. 

I am fine with relinquishing draft picks, unless we finish last, in the offseason.

What assets?  Dahlin, Cozens, Skinner, Power to name a few.  Most have NMC but at this point would any object a trade to the Rangers or Bruins? 

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Hopefully they send Benson to world juniors get this kid away from this toxic team right now 

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

Benson is not on the WJC roster. He’s staying in Buffalo. 

2 hours ago, MISabresFan said:

You have to remember, that Steve Y. did the same thing last year and it did not work out (free agent signings).  He did it again and it is working this year.

Why do you say it did not work out?   They improved last year, just not enough to make the playoffs.  This year he acquired more NHL talent like Compher, plus he acquired Bostons 1st rounder in 24.  

Detroit has clearly passed us on their rebuild.  Buffalo has more shiny prospects that they will never have room to roster, Detroit has more good veteran NHL players supporting their core. 

25 minutes ago, inkman said:

What assets?  Dahlin, Cozens, Skinner, Power to name a few.  Most have NMC but at this point would any object a trade to the Rangers or Bruins? 

You don’t trade Dahlin.  You probably don’t trade Cozens.  If you trade Power you get nothing because of his contract. Same with Skinner. 

You trade pieces like Savoie, Kulich, Rosen, Östlund.  

Power is going thru a confidence issue right now.  Play him on the 3rd pairing with EJ for awhile.  Keep his minutes under 18.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Why do you say it did not work out?   They improved last year, just not enough to make the playoffs.  This year he acquired more NHL talent like Compher, plus he acquired Bostons 1st rounder in 24.  

Detroit has clearly passed us on their rebuild.  Buffalo has more shiny prospects that they will never have room to roster, Detroit has more good veteran NHL players supporting their core. 

Yep, Yzerman's strategy is working and yielding positive results.

2 hours ago, French Collection said:

They are both struggling.   People here complain about EJ and Clifton.  They are both giving us more than Power and Muel.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

My new LG TV apparently doesn't have the option to download Espn app on it, so I put it on in the bedroom, have Espn + on the firestick.. I maybe walked in 3 times during the course of the game chuckled, maybe watched for a minute and walked out. No thank you to this team. 

They don't seem to play for each other, they sure as hell don't play for the fans and City of Buffalo. These guys play like they're in Beverly Hills or the Napa Valley, whatever the culture is there, it isn't the hockey I know and love. 

These guys are making me not enjoy a sport that I have been watching since I had to adjust the tracking on the television. 

Something is very very wrong. 

Correct -- Roku is a far superior product to Fire TV.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

You don’t trade Dahlin.  You probably don’t trade Cozens.  If you trade Power you get nothing because of his contract. Same with Skinner. 

You trade pieces like Savoie, Kulich, Rosen, Östlund.  

Power is going thru a confidence issue right now.  Play him on the 3rd pairing with EJ for awhile.  Keep his minutes under 18.  

I don’t think you get anyone they need in return for prospects.  Isn’t the problem with the current players.  Identify which and clean house.  They need to fix it now.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.