Report: Patrick Kane is signing with Detroit

Brawndo

7 hours ago, SDS said:

Nope. 

Guess I won't joke anymore then with any ***** #### or ########### or ####

lol, but seriously I won't. Don't want to make the job any harder. 

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

So the Kane discussion was 95% “we don’t want him, he’s terrible defensively, you don’t come back from this injury, he’s washed, they are going to make a huge mistake signing him, he doesn’t fit anywhere”

Now that he signed somewhere else it is that the Sabres really missed out on him.😂🤣

Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Guess I won't joke anymore then with any ***** #### or ########### or ####

lol, but seriously I won't. Don't want to make the job any harder. 

I am just saying that the post goes through a word filter prior to being saved and it permanently changes any listed words. 

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, SDS said:

I am just saying that the post goes through a word filter prior to being saved and it permanently changes any listed words. 

Got it, you have bad word database that auto-corrects anything to the censored version so you never see it. I just know in the past you didn't like it when there were a bunch of #### in a paragraph being filtered out so I wanted to try and maintain that standard after I made my joke. 

Also, can we use that database to make Rosen, Rosén? Kinda like our good friend Östlund?

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Got it, you have bad word database that auto-corrects anything to the censored version so you never see it. I just know in the past you didn't like it when there were a bunch of #### in a paragraph being filtered out so I wanted to try and maintain that standard after I made my joke. 

Also, can we use that database to make Rosen, Rosén? Kinda like our good friend Östlund?

Actually it was the opposite! My point was/is instead of trying to misspell words to avoid the filter, just type it out, make yourself feel better, and let the filter do its job. Win/win. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

I was interested just based on the performance of some of the buffalo forwards, but it's tough to determine the impact he can provide.  He's coming off a major injury and surgery, and almost all the evidence points to him not being able to play for very long.  He's looking to re-establish value to chase a bag (or cup) next season - and detroit probably gives him the best chance to do it.  

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, SDS said:

Actually it was the opposite! My point was/is instead of trying to misspell words to avoid the filter, just type it out, make yourself feel better, and let the filter do its job. Win/win. 

Well *****, I should ***** do that then as opposed to worrying about this ***** all the ***** time you know what I ***** mean right?

13 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Sorry but this sounds like classic jilted fan backlash.

I’d guess the Sabres offered a 2-year deal and Kane passed because, having watched them play this year and fail to show up for at least 40% of their games (including 65% of their home games), he concluded that the Sabres aren’t a real team and aren’t worthy of his last few years in the NHL.

Yeah sure. That happened.

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

To what level, though? Sign at any cost or offer a 1yr incentive-laden deal? There's a lot of interpretation to that word.

I'm always a little hesitant to get too much into the details of other teams' players or free agents in negotiations or anything," Adams told reporters Wednesday in KeyBank Center. "What I think I would probably be comfortable saying is that he knew we were interested dating back to July 1. And the conversations I've had with Pat Brisson dating back to summer were that we're very interested and keep us posted. .

"Ultimately, when you get into situations where free agents are going to have a choice, that's it. They make their choice and obviously, he's going to a division rival. And it's time to turn the page and now look for how we can find ways to beat the Detroit Red Wings."

Direct quote from Adams from the Buffalo News 

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The same as your that it did happen.

Well, I phrased mine as a guess, so there was no certainty implied, at least as to a 2-year offer.

However, I think based on the reports from credible NHL reporters and KA's own words, it's almost certain that the Sabres made an offer and that Kane chose Detroit because he felt more confident about them making the playoffs than about the Sabres doing so.

I don't think it's reasonable to interpret those reports and statements otherwise.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Direct quote from Adams from the Buffalo News 

Again, Adams doesn't spell out the level of his interest. Very interested could still mean a one-year deal. And it looks like those were the only offers Kane was getting so he went to Detroit because his old teammate is there. Then his agent came out with the comical "we declined longer contracts" spin.

6 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Well, I phrased mine as a guess, so there was no certainty implied, at least as to a 2-year offer.

However, I think based on the reports from credible NHL reporters and KA's own words, it's almost certain that the Sabres made an offer and that Kane chose Detroit because he felt more confident about them making the playoffs than about the Sabres doing so.

I don't think it's reasonable to interpret those reports and statements otherwise.

I find it incredulous that any agent of a player in his twilight would refuse money on the table.

Why might a player in Kane's situation sign a 1 year deal over something longer?

• He's not tied to a team should he have misread how close to success they are.
  • He has the ability to get paid more next season, should he be successful this season.

Kane already has money. He can afford to take the gamble that he plays well this season and then signs for even more money next season.

3 minutes ago, LTS said:

Why might a player in Kane's situation sign a 1 year deal over something longer?

• He's not tied to a team should he have misread how close to success they are.
  • He has the ability to get paid more next season, should he be successful this season.

Kane already has money. He can afford to take the gamble that he plays well this season and then signs for even more money next season.

Sure that could be the case. A player in his twilight who just had his hip resurfaced thinking about his career long-term.

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

So do you think the Sabres made a one-year offer?

If any offer was made, then yes. We know Adams expressed interest. We don't know how it was received. Maybe Brisson let it be known that the Sabres were not on top of Pat's list. Of course it's in Brisson's interest to float as many teams interested in his client as possible.

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If any offer was made, then yes. We know Adams expressed interest. We don't know how it was received. Maybe Brisson let it be known that the Sabres were not on top of Pat's list. Of course it's in Brisson's interest to float as many teams interested in his client as possible.

OK, but that doesn't answer the question as to whether you think they made an offer. 

The key point I and others have made is that it seems pretty certain that the Sabres made him an offer, which he rejected in favor of another team's offer -- most likely because he thinks the Wings are a better team than the Sabres. 

Do you disagree with that point?  Do you think they made him an offer or not?