Peyton Krebs- Only 1 Assist?!?! Seriously!

JoeSchmoe

Lots of factors we can point to to attempt to alleviate the blame from Krebs himself. He’s likely just not very good.

He seems the type of player than can provide the bare minimum useful role if every effort is made to accommodate his success. Not the type of player you want on a good team, but fits ok on a team lacking expectations 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Yeah most of his minutes are with Hands-Of-Stone Girgensons and Ol' Rockin' Chair Okposo.

Ya, he’s not the type of player that can be the best player on a line. He’s the guy who can fit in as the least effective player on a line in a pinch, and not actively torpedo said line 

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Ya, he’s not the type of player that can be the best player on a line. He’s the guy who can fit in as the least effective player on a line in a pinch, and not actively torpedo said line 

Don't get me wrong:  Last year Girgs and especially Okie had more to contribute, but whoever plays on Okie's line is not gonna have a good time.

• Thanks (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Don't get me wrong:  Last year Girgs and especially Okie had more to contribute, but whoever plays on Okie's line is not gonna have a good time.

All off-season and entering into the season itself we heard about how there’s “no room” in the forward ranks, and now there are multiple spots where..players go to die? None of it jives. We are clearly still lacking NHL forward depth and Krebs is a part of that issue if the expectations aren’t more less what we are seeing the team amount to currently  

I’m not comfortable saying Krebs would be adequate if we simply didn’t play him with KO. There’s A) a reason that’s where he’s lined up and B) we haven’t seen anything to suggest otherwise when he’s been with other players this season 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Lots of factors we can point to to attempt to alleviate the blame from Krebs himself. He’s likely just not very good.

He seems the type of player than can provide the bare minimum useful role if every effort is made to accommodate his success. Not the type of player you want on a good team, but fits ok on a team lacking expectations 

Agree w/ you other post that he is not going to be the driver of a line.  Expect he could be effective on the 4th line if he had a 2nd winger better than Okposo.  But he and Girgensons are not good enough to overcome the boat anchor that the captain has become.

Wonder if putting Jost onto that line with those 2 or one of the kids (Rousek, Kulich, Rosen, ???) could get that line improved enough to be an effective 4th line.  Sliding Okposo to the 3rd line (which ice time wise is actually the 4th line), tanks it.  But they aren't getting much from it either.  Find a way to get the 4th line effective, and suffer through the 3rd lines minutes.

But, right now, at age 22, no Krebs is not good.  He's particularly not good enough to pick up a linemate that is even worse.  And he's being asked to do that on the 4th line, and has also been asked to do that when he's been put onto the Frankenstein line the handful of times he's been bumped to that 3rd line.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Too many excuses here.

Anders Bjork had 5 goals and 3 assists in 58 games back in 21-22. Anyone check who he played with?

Krebs is on pace for 0 goals and 3 assists in 58 games.

SEND HIM DOWN!

Pacing for 0 goals, 5 assists over a season. This isn’t a substantive disagreement with your post I just couldn’t figure out how you came up with those figures 

Edited by Thorny

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

All off-season and entering into the season itself we heard about how there’s “no room” in the forward ranks, and now there are multiple spots where..players go to die? None of it jives. We are clearly still lacking NHL forward depth and Krebs is a part of that issue if the expectations aren’t more less what we are seeing the team amount to currently  

I’m not comfortable saying Krebs would be adequate if we simply didn’t play him with KO. There’s A) a reason that’s where he’s lined up and B) we haven’t seen anything to suggest otherwise when he’s been with other players this season 

I'll sum up the situation at forward in the off season.  It looked on the surface like low expectations, but it really is our GM being overly comfortable and confident in his players.  He thinks more of them than they consistently show on the ice.  

Krebs would have played in the AHL last year if we hade a deeper lineup.  He might still be down there and knocking on the door for a shot if they had done more to improve over the past two years.  

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Too many excuses here.

Anders Bjork had 5 goals and 3 assists in 58 games back in 21-22. Anyone check who he played with?

SEND HIM DOWN!

Again.   You have been told this already in this thread and in another thread. 

Sending him down requires he clears waivers.  He will be picked up by a bottom feeder that can spend time developing him. 

You are giving away an asset that you might be able to include in a package as part of a trade.

Get it?  

7 minutes ago, Drag0nDan said:

9 Shots... in 17 games.  You really can't score if you don't shoot.

His shot is really weak too.   I see most of his shot attempts fail to get to the net.  Right now he looks like a AHL to me.  

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Again.   You have been told this already in this thread and in another thread. 

Sending him down requires he clears waivers.  He will be picked up by a bottom feeder that can spend time developing him. 

You are giving away an asset that you might be able to include in a package as part of a trade.

Get it?  

Can you show me where I was shown this?

Bench him if you have to. Him and his 1 assist are making us lose.

1 hour ago, JoeSchmoe said:

He needs to be held accountable for his lack of development. Send him to ROC to figure it out.

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

He has been awful regardless of who he's played with.  

12 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Too many excuses here.

SEND HIM DOWN!

Assuming by send him down, you just want him off the team as he’ll get claimed on waivers.  I’m not Krebs biggest fan but we all wanted to cast away Mitts and Tage.  How do we feel about that now?  It’s about finding the right niche.  I think he can be an adequate cost controlled bottom six player when not playing with two of the worst offensive players in the league.  I wouldn’t miss him if he’s gone but I also would not be surprised if he became a decent role player on the right team.  Hell, he was looking that way last season.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.