GDT: Bruins @ Sabres - Nov 14, 2023 - 7:00pm, MSG/ESPN+📺WGR📻

LGR4GM

I’m going to roll my eyes at the doomsayers

@Thorny you would trade 3 1sts for a RHD just to say you accomplished

As for what we do, I’m unsure… we frankly just seem cursed to endlessly toil to no avail. Both the Bills and Sabres have an uncanny ability to fall short, get screwed, have back breaking injuries, and the like. I’m starting to just lose any hope that anything we possibly did would actually work. We have an endless monkey’s paw. Anything we ask for either never comes or is always just out of reach. Hire Gallant, suddenly half the forwards are hurt and the team flounders. Sign Von Miller, he tears his Achilles on Thanksgiving. We make seemingly good moves, they flop unceremoniously. I’m just utterly defeated at this point.

Edited by thewookie1

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

As for what we do, I’m unsure… we frankly just seem cursed to endlessly toil to no avail. Both the Bills and Sabres have an uncanny ability to fall short, get screwed, have back breaking injuries, and the like. I’m starting to just lose any hope that anything we possibly did would actually work. We have an endless monkey’s paw. Anything we ask for either never comes or is always just out of reach. Hire Gallant, suddenly half the forwards are hurt and the team flounders. Sign Von Miller, he tears his Achilles on Thanksgiving. We make seemingly good moves, they flop unceremoniously. I’m just utterly defeated at this point.

You realize your post did a complete 180…

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Dude, read the room 

3 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Ya man it’s not our fault at all

monkey paw

we are cursed

hockey gods

Edited by Thorny

19 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Roll your eyes at the “doomsayers” all you want: there’s no one here under that banner

merely doomlivers. NO ONE IS PROCLAIMING DOOM. We are merely endlessly living it 

It has already happened. When will you wrap your mind around that? Missing playoffs for the 4th straight year IS DOOM. 

never mind 13.

I’m not an immortal elf. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Roll your eyes at the “doomsayers” all you want: there’s no one here under that banner

merely doomlivers. NO ONE IS PROCLAIMING DOOM. We are merely endlessly living it 

It has already happened. When will you wrap your mind around that? Missing playoffs for the 4th straight year IS DOOM. 

never mind 13.

I’m not an immortal elf. 

And one doomed liver shout out my man @Buffalonill

21 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

You realize your post did a complete 180…

Because he sees what we all do re:results he just wants to chalk it up to some mystic force, refusing to accept the problem is, obviously, much more human. 

He said we made “seemingly good moves”. That’s just wrong. Our offseason, at the time of the moment, was seemingly sh*t

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.