It Is Time: Fire the GM, the Coaching Staff, get some experience in here. Fans deserve better!!!

Scottysabres

Just now, seer775 said:

I love how ardently you guys defend the management of this team.

Can you name one worse team since Pegula took over in 2011?

No one is doing that, we just think using risto "toss blindly up the boards" lainen to make your point rings hollow.

You're another vendetta poster here to bitch about Pegula and then post this crap when anyone tries to discuss the nuances of some of the moves. Fine go for it. Don't think anyone here particular thinks highly of Pegs ownership. 

4 minutes ago, seer775 said:

Somehow, despite selling the house for Risto, they are still better than we are.

Flyers finished below Sabres last year so, no they literally were not. 

Flyers 75pts

Sabres 91pts

Again, my issue isn't that you hate Pegula, it's that your full of crap and ignoring facts. 

Edited by LGR4GM

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

No one is doing that, we just think using risto "toss blindly up the boards" lainen to make your point rings hollow.

You're another vendetta poster here to bitch about Pegula and then post this crap when anyone tries to discuss the nuances of some of the moves. Fine go for it. Don't think anyone here particular thinks highly of Pegs ownership. 

You really honed in on the Risto point. Forgetting that we traded Eichel, Reinhart, Montour, Ullmark for a bag of pucks is pretty convenient to your above point.

2 minutes ago, seer775 said:

You really honed in on the Risto point. Forgetting that we traded Eichel, Reinhart, Montour, Ullmark for a bag of pucks is pretty convenient to your above point.

If you don't know who we traded those players for, I can't help you. 

Also you forgot ROR in your list there. 

Also also, we didn't trade Ullmark, he was an UFA

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He wasn't coming back because we were hot garbage and continue to be. Same reason why we couldn't keep Ullmark.

Tell me who you're going to get that's better than any of those players? 

Think I'd rather have Eichel and ROR than TT and Tuch.

Edited by seer775

31 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

In Summary:

Out: Eichel (cup), ROR (cup MVP), Reinhart (finals), Montour (finals), Risto, Ullmark.

In: Levi (prospect), TT (great), Tuch (good), Rosen (prospect), Kulich (prospect).

We were almost a competent team.

Edited by seer775

Just now, seer775 said:

He wasn't coming back because we were hot garbage and continue to be.

Tell me who you're going to get that's better than any of those players? 

Well, Tage Thompson is better than ROR. Honestly can't believe that myself. Ryan Johnson is looking really good and that's part of that trade too.

We were never going to win the Eichel trade, he's good. We did okay though. Tuch is solid, Östlund is trending towards a middle 6 player, Krebs needs to be better and I forgot what the other part was. 

Reinhart got you Levi who needs Rochester and I think Kulich is a potential first line guy. 

Montour trade, we lost it. Couldn't even say what that pick became. 

Ristolainen... I'll take Rosen and pucks over Ristolainen every day of the week. 

Well, I guess you win. You got me to list trades you kept getting wrong and wouldn't look up. 

30 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Well, Tage Thompson is better than ROR. Honestly can't believe that myself. Ryan Johnson is looking really good and that's part of that trade too.

We were never going to win the Eichel trade, he's good. We did okay though. Tuch is solid, Östlund is trending towards a middle 6 player, Krebs needs to be better and I forgot what the other part was. 

Reinhart got you Levi who needs Rochester and I think Kulich is a potential first line guy. 

Ristolainen... I'll take Rosen and pucks over Ristolainen every day of the week. 

Well, I guess you win. You got me to list trades you kept getting wrong and wouldn't look up. 

We would've been better off not moving any of those pieces. Sub Risto.

30 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Comparing a Conn Smythe Captain to a guy who blew up two years in the reg season is quite a stretch. For the sake of argument, sure.

Eichel trade - super mega epic fail.

Reinhart trade- epic fail.

Montour trade - epic fail.

Risto - win.

Well, I guess you win. You got me to list one trade that we didn't completely flounder in the last dozen years.

Edited by seer775

The deluded Energizer Bunny.  I think half your total forum posts must be in this thread.

Clearly engaging someone with your unique analytical skills is not possible. So I won't bother.

You win.

in your head.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LTS said:

The deluded Energizer Bunny.  I think half your total forum posts must be in this thread.

Clearly engaging someone with your unique analytical skills is not possible. So I won't bother.

You win.

in your head.

Giving up before you even tried. What fun is that?

10 hours ago, seer775 said:

ROR - has a cup as a Captain and Conn Smythe trophy. Yeah, that ROR.

Eichel - a generational centre behind only McDavid, Draisaitl, Mackinnon, and Crosby. Cup winner and Conn Smythe runner up (had equal pts and more TOI than Marchessault).

Reinhart - wonder why he left? And why he is a top scorer in the reg szn and last year's playoffs?

Risto - better than all of our current bottom 4 D-men.

Montour - see above.

Ullmark - because Levi, UPL, and Comrie are a better option?

I admire your being bold and trying.

Eichel is not generational.  Generational players are not behind 4 others.  That is not generational.   He has a cup, great.  He played great in the playoff with the best supporting cast.   

Reinhart left because he hated playing for a dysfunctional franchise that was entering another rebuild   He seemed to like Adams, and he played hard for DG.  He took this good advice -  Play hard, shut up, and then move on.   

Risto is a big, and strong, and mostly bad player.  He is a bottom pair on the Flyers when he plays. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Eichel is not generational.  Generational players are not behind 4 others.  That is not generational.   He has a cup, great.  He played great in the playoff with the best supporting cast.   

Reinhart left because he hated playing for a dysfunctional franchise that was entering another rebuild   He seemed to like Adams, and he played hard for DG.  He took this good advice -  Play hard, shut up, and then move on.   

Risto is a big, and strong, and mostly bad player.  He is a bottom pair on the Flyers when he plays. 

Ristolainen - strong as an ox and almost as smart.  😉

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, seer775 said:

In Summary:

Out: Eichel (cup), ROR (cup MVP), Reinhart (finals), Montour (finals), Risto, Ullmark.

In: Levi (prospect), TT (great), Tuch (good), Rosen (prospect), Kulich (prospect).

Did you even watch those years? They were not close to a competent team. Those pieces did not fit and never got close to being a good team. FO and coaching did no favours either but please don’t rewrite history or ignore it and create your own narrative.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, seer775 said:

In Summary:

If you think the Sabres were anywhere near a competent team with the players you are crying about then there is clearly no discussion to be had.  They had talent, but were not even close to being competitive, and all you mention had given up on the Sabres.  It was going nowhere.  There was no coming back from the team building and coaching mistakes made by both Murray and Botterill.  

On 11/22/2023 at 10:56 PM, PerreaultForever said:

This is Granato's 3rd full season and 4th if you count the partial. How many NHL coaches get to return if they have 4 losing years? Seriously asking. Any?

We all are impatient, but it's a quarter way through his 3rd year.  The team, both mentally and leadership wise was a complete mess at the end of the Krueger reign and Granato took over a team (and fan base) totally depressed.  Add the Eichel situation and it's hard to imagine an NHL hockey team in more disarray.

Granato in his first year took those guys and got 75 points.  91 his second year.  This year it's an 82-point pace (so far) which would indicate a possible change in the off season if there were no improvement.  

I know it's not a popular stand but I'm giving these guys at least the rest of the season to see what happens.  He wasn't responsible for the Rolston, Nolan, Bylsma, Housley, Krueger Nightmare on Seymour H. Knox Plaza us fans have been living.  I'm not criticizing your position but, in my eyes, DG is at 2 1/4 not 4.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • dislike 1

26 minutes ago, Cheektorado said:

We all are impatient, but it's a quarter way through his 3rd year.  The team, both mentally and leadership wise was a complete mess at the end of the Krueger reign and Granato took over a team (and fan base) totally depressed.  Add the Eichel situation and it's hard to imagine an NHL hockey team in more disarray.

Granato in his first year took those guys and got 75 points.  91 his second year.  This year it's an 82-point pace (so far) which would indicate a possible change in the off season if there were no improvement.  

I know it's not a popular stand but I'm giving these guys at least the rest of the season to see what happens.  He wasn't responsible for the Rolston, Nolan, Bylsma, Housley, Krueger Nightmare on Seymour H. Knox Plaza us fans have been living.  I'm not criticizing your position but, in my eyes, DG is at 2 1/4 not 4.  

On March 17, 2021, Granato became the interim head coach of the Buffalo Sabres.
Today is Nov. 25th 2023. DG has been head coach for 2 years and 8 months. Or 1 month of the 20-21 season in 2021. A full season in 21-22. A full season in 22-23. And 2 months so far in 23-24. 

So yea, much less than 3 or 4 seasons. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

On March 17, 2021, Granato became the interim head coach of the Buffalo Sabres.
Today is Nov. 25th 2023. DG has been head coach for 2 years and 8 months. Or 1 month of the 20-21 season in 2021. A full season in 21-22. A full season in 22-23. And 2 months so far in 23-24. 

So yea, much less than 3 or 4 seasons. 

Let's all remember how us fans felt on March 16th of 2021.  It was a time when everyone had enough, and I personally couldn't watch anymore.

There are a lot of things that are needed to get this team where it needs to be, but they are WAY better than that day.

I give props to DG just to get them to lace up their skates for the remainder of that season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

May take awhile but Levi + Kulich may be better than Reinhart, by quite a bit if they hit their ceilings. Reinhart is a UFA who leaves for nothing after this year.

Given the problems this franchise has had lately in finding, developing, and keeping a goalie, all we need to hit on is Levi.  Kulich is like 100% pure profit if Levi hits.  

16 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Eichel asked for a trade in Summer of 2020 before He was injured. 

It was reported He would have played for the Sabres for short while post surgery in order to prove to other teams, he had recovered in order to facilitate a trade. 

Teams that get the best player in the deal usually win the deal.

There is plenty of examples to prove that Pegula has been a less stellar owner, but he has been hands off from the hockey operations department since Kim’s Medical Situation 

Asked for a trade under the prism of Adams wanting to rebuild. Just clerical, not looking to rehash 

5 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

I think you forgot how bad  Ristolainen is

Finally a voice of reason 

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

Asked for a trade under the prism of Adams wanting to rebuild. Just clerical, not looking to rehash 

No argument here. I do not blame any of them for asking to moved, particularly Jack. 

Not from You of course, but there is a common misconception that that makes the rounds from time that  reason Eichel asked for trade was because he could not get His preferred ADR Surgery done. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, MDFan said:

If you think the Sabres were anywhere near a competent team with the players you are crying about then there is clearly no discussion to be had.  They had talent, but were not even close to being competitive, and all you mention had given up on the Sabres.  It was going nowhere.  There was no coming back from the team building and coaching mistakes made by both Murray and Botterill.  

I believe Rod Brind’Amour will have an influence over who is behind the bench for the Sabres next season 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.