GDT: Wild @ Sabres - Nov 10, 2023 - 7:00pm, MSG-B/ESPN+📺WGR📻

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

No. The structure of the pp hurts the pp. They don't seem to understand standing there passing to the wall and back to point is never going to open *****. 

I think that's right, but I think Power still has a lot of learning to do before settling into his role. Not his fault, of course, but his lack of experience at times is very noticeable.

I was so mad, driving up to work in Potsdam, I was listening to an FM station out of Rochester on the drive. With 3 minutes to go, the radio station found some crappy music and I lost the end of the game. 

It's hard to follow on radio, Ray is a blubbering idiot and Dan isn't capable. Maybe for TV, but even that's a stretch. 

Glad to see they pulled it out. Sounded loud there for once!! 

29 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

UPL and Levi have delivered some good games for us. Levi was great tonight. 

Sabres don't look great right now. The PP is beyond useless, it's truly the dumbest part of their game. Krebs is tough to watch. Savoie was a non factor. Big Johnson isn't holding up and I would give him a game off. 

Tage and Skinner are looking good. Peterka was a good compliment to them. 

Cozens... I mean woof. Dude is in his head and needs to simplify his game. 

Mittelstadt is an important part to this team. I'd extend him now.

Ryan Johnson should stay and start. 

We won and honestly I think overall we played them even. I know the shots are in their favor but they didn't feel very threatening. Our pk looked like poo at times. 

Winning is winning but this team still isn't firing on all cylinders. 

If Ryan Johnson starts who sits once Muel gets back?  

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Big Johnson probably. Maybe rotate him with Joker and little Johnson if needed. I don't know how you send Ryan Johnson away after how he plays. 

Rotating the three would help all of them.  Good possibility.  

Clifton is quietly playing better. Just a workmanlike player, get him consistent and he will be a good player. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Rotating the three would help all of them.  Good possibility.  

Clifton is quietly playing better. Just a workmanlike player, get him consistent and he will be a good player. 

Clifton, Ryan Johnson and Eric Johnson were added to the blueline this year. Instead of going out and bringing in an upper tier defenseman, who would in the near future put a squeeze on the cap, we added solid players and created depth on the unit. This is good cap management and solid GM work.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I agree.

Once simple thing they can do to help the PP is for Thompson instead of winding up for his big slapper all the time, he instead whips a pass to the far post for Skinner, Cozens or Mitts to tip in.

• Like (+1) 1

I thought the penalty on Greenway was the correct call, Bogo never had the puck… that said there were more than a few egregious infractions which were not called, overall an inconsistent night for the refs which can be maddening as a player.

Levi was great, stole them at least a point.

Something looks off with Thompson, he’s not moving as well as he was last season…. seems a bit stiff legged, not as smooth on his edges, been that way all season, maybe he should go back to he old skates.

Peterka just seems be getting better and better, was dangerous just about every shift.

27 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I was so mad, driving up to work in Potsdam, I was listening to an FM station out of Rochester on the drive. With 3 minutes to go, the radio station found some crappy music and I lost the end of the game. 

It's hard to follow on radio, Ray is a blubbering idiot and Dan isn't capable. Maybe for TV, but even that's a stretch. 

I live in Canton and hate that I can’t listen to the game. 

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

I agree.

Once simple thing they can do to help the PP is for Thompson instead of winding up for his big slapper all the time, he instead whips a pass to the far post for Skinner, Cozens or Mitts to tip in.

No. Tage needs to keep shooting. A tip in can occur off of a shot. 

27 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Big Johnson probably. Maybe rotate him with Joker and little Johnson if needed. I don't know how you send Ryan Johnson away after how he plays. 

Big Johnson hasn’t been bad but his age is showing. I think you can run a Johnson & Johnson rotation to the benefit of both.

Also does this mean we can waive Bryson finally?

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

No. Tage needs to keep shooting. A tip in can occur off of a shot. 

John, you are absolutely wrong on this one. Go look at both Minn goals tonight and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.  Goalies can stop nearly all shots they see, but a goaltender setting up for a shot from TNT is not in a good position to stop a pass going wide of the net for a tip from a winger crashing to the net.    

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Sirius XM Radio

Ch. 923 Sabres, Ch. 803 Bills, Ch. 91 NHL

• Thanks (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I thought the penalty on Greenway was the correct call, Bogo never had the puck… that said there were more than a few egregious infractions which were not called, overall an inconsistent night for the refs which can be maddening as a player.

Levi was great, stole them at least a point.

Something looks off with Thompson, he’s not moving as well as he was last season…. seems a bit stiff legged, not as smooth on his edges, been that way all season, maybe he should go back to he old skates.

Peterka just seems be getting better and better, was dangerous just about every shift.

We got two points tonight.  Thompson had an assist and was +2.  He had a terrible day on the dot against Ericsson-Ek  

The officiating was terribly inconsistent. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.