GDT: Flyers @ Sabres - November 3, 2023 - 7:00PM, NHLN/MSG-B📺WGR📻

Doohickie

It’s our coaching and team leader failure… 

No rewards or punishments… means no accountability…

Take away minutes… Sit a few guys, Granato… Bring up a couple Amerks… 

Coach like you care… and start speaking it publicly.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It’s certainly the combination of not saving ANY of the 4. You can ask your goalie to provide positive output, and he’s definitely below average in THIS game right now. 

having said that, it’s not “on him” in the sense that we haven’t scored a damn goal lol

What kills me is it's always the goalie we complain about first. We don't care about turnovers. We don't care about giving up breakaways, we don't care about getting shoved off the puck in our end, we don't care about standing around watching the game. All we see is the puck in the net and think "GOALIE!!!"

Listen to the intermission hosts. They are hammering the Sabres skaters, not UPL.

• Agree 2

Looking forward to selling my season tickets to the highest bidders as the season goes on. Unfortunately, home fans won’t be very interested in watching this trash, so it’ll be opposing fans most nights I guess. 

And I don’t feel the least bit bad about it, either. I don’t owe this team a damned thing. They’ve gotten their pound of flesh over the past decades so they can all go phuck themselves. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

What kills me is it's always the goalie we complain about first. We don't care about turnovers. We don't care about giving up breakaways, we don't care about getting shoved off the puck in our end, we don't care about standing around watching the game. All we see is the puck in the net and think "GOALIE!!!"

Listen to the intermission hosts. They are hammering the Sabres skaters, not UPL.

We do, and we talk about all of those things, but

1.) You're a goalie and that bias is obvious to everyone

2.) Our goaltending has been bottom 5 when adjusting for the things you complain about for a decade +

3.) You are guilty of what you say we are - you NEVER even suggest that goaltending could be a problem

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It could also be that you notice the goalie complaints a bit more because you are specifically looking for them. Like for instance, I frequently mention that I feel the board is too lenient on KA’s approach to addressing the goaltending, because I’m looking for that due to my personal bias. In reality he probably gets called out for it a lot, and I’ll occasionally get blinded by my own perspective. Your points about the complaining about goaltending probably serves that point. But in honesty I do see a lot of other facets taking their fair share of the blame 

Edited by Thorny
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

3.) You are guilty of what you say we are - you NEVER even suggest that goaltending could be a problem

I know when it's a goalie fault. None of these 4 goals are egregiously on UPL. What people want is for our goalies to cover up for the sh**ty play on front of them, like UPL did in Philly.  But that isn't a plan. You can't play like crap and expect the goalie to save your ass every night.

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Looking forward to selling my season tickets to the highest bidders as the season goes on. Unfortunately, home fans won’t be very interested in watching this trash, so it’ll be opposing fans most nights I guess. 

And I don’t feel the least bit bad about it, either. I don’t owe this team a damned thing. They’ve gotten their pound of flesh over the past decades so they can all go phuck themselves. 

What you say is sad but I understand.  There is a lot of hockey left this season.  

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I know when it's a goalie fault. None of these 4 goals are egregiously on UPL. What people want is for our goalies to cover up for the sh**ty play on front of them, like UPL did in Philly.  But that isn't a plan. You can't play like crap and expect the goalie to save your ass every night.

This thread has been people having a reasonable discussion about the many bad things tonight and then you throwing a fit because someone said the G word. That's always what happens lmao

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.