GDT: Avalanche @ Sabres Sunday Oct 29th- 1pm

Shoot da Puck

13 minutes ago, Believer said:

Hits 

Avs 22   Sabres 9

Blocks

Avs 9    Sabres 21

I was looking for the hits stat before posting that.  I still think we played more physical.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I'm checking with my Evangelical friends if that is a sign of the apocalypse.

If you have Evangelical friends my level of respect for you takes a hit.

3 minutes ago, Hank said:

6K played a pretty good game. I've been saying it all summer, and I'll say it again, he'll get over thirty games and have a winning record. Levi and 6K will be our goalies for the next few years. 

You have been consistent in your message.  I hope you end up being correct.  I’ve been critical of this plan. 

Edited by Pimlach

6 hours ago, Zamboni said:

I’ll be going to this barn burner with the wife.

My first pessimistic prediction. I just don’t feel it. Hope I’m wrong.

Sabres … 2

Avs … 5

Mitts, Olofsson, or Power with a goal 

Boy!!! Was I wayyy off. And gladly so!

Damn good game to attend. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Eric Johnson played 19:21 TOI today. 

I think he is looking like a real good acquisition by Adams. Our PK faced 6 minors today, he has been a big help.  He is bringing leadership and know how. 

Hopefully a function of all the PKs. I'd like to keep him a couple mins under that, have him nice and fresh all year.

• Agree 2

31 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Eric Johnson played 19:21 TOI today. 

I think he is looking like a real good acquisition by Adams. Our PK faced 6 minors today, he has been a big help.  He is bringing leadership and know how. 

YES!!!

Our PK is lights out right now. Top 10, maybe top 5. This is a HHHHUUUGGGEEE help, especially since we recently acquired the brothers from a different mother "Head Hunters Clifton and Okposo". Both recently released from the Super-max take out the oppositions superstars player penitentiary.

I'd say having a BIG Johnson on the PK scares the opponents purse carriers ad they enter the Sabres hood.

• Haha (+1) 1

Great win, aside from the 1st 7 or so minutes they practically held a dagger to their throats. 

Eric Johnson (Known as the Condor in Colorado) continues to just be a solid presence on the back end.

Mitts has truly become someone at this point, hard to argue against it now that he's continued his play from last season again. 

Tuch seems to be returning

Greenway's doggedness is something we truly lacked these last few years and I hope it keeps rubbing off on his teammates. 

UPL played extremely well akin to his hot month last year where he looked calm and composed. SO!!

Dahlin's ENG was ridiculous; I don't think you can put a puck in the net more perfectly than that.

Muel took a puck to the head but thankfully it grazed the Sword-B on his shoulder enough to angle and slow the puck a tin bit.

Did we piss in the collective referee cereal bowl this year or something; we are being absolutely destroyed by penalties this year. Thank God, our PK is much better this season

• Like (+1) 8

3 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Great win, aside from the 1st 7 or so minutes they practically held a dagger to their throats. 

Eric Johnson (Known as the Condor in Colorado) continues to just be a solid presence on the back end.

Mitts has truly become someone at this point, hard to argue against it now that he's continued his play from last season again. 

Tuch seems to be returning

Greenway's doggedness is something we truly lacked these last few years and I hope it keeps rubbing off on his teammates. 

UPL played extremely well akin to his hot month last year where he looked calm and composed. SO!!

Dahlin's ENG was ridiculous; I don't think you can put a puck in the net more perfectly than that.

Muel took a puck to the head but thankfully it grazed the Sword-B on his shoulder enough to angle and slow the puck a tin bit.

Did we piss in the collective referee cereal bowl this year or something; we are being absolutely destroyed by penalties this year. Thank God, our PK is much better this season

Spot on. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Hank said:

6K played a pretty good game. I've been saying it all summer, and I'll say it again, he'll get over thirty games and have a winning record. Levi and 6K will be our goalies for the next few years. 

45 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

You have been consistent in your message.  I hope you end up being correct.  I’ve been critical of this plan. 

I don't think UPL has NHL-level reflexes or body control/balance. I will happily be proved wrong.

Edited by erickompositör72
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

Hopefully those who were ready to step off the ledge on Friday have taken a big step back 

win the next one, back to .500.  Not great but certainly not a disaster of a start to the season    

It's almost as if you can't know the trajectory of an entire season (or a particular player) based off of a handful of games.

Call me crazy...

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.