GDT: Sabres @ Islanders - October 14, 2023 - 7:30PM, MSG-B/MSGSN/ESPN+📺WGR📻

SabresBaltimore

11 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Wasn’t VO closest to the defenseman who took the point shot on the third goal? 

Yes… Victor gave him no pressure and way too much space.

Edited by Believer

10 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Wasn’t VO closest to the defenseman who took the point shot on the third goal? 

Tie game. He was plus one at that point. We didn’t see him after that. Not sure what he had to do with an offside and a high stick, though. 😂

• Like (+1) 1

They needed a top 4 D, a vet or two to help at forward, and to add one good goalie to a room that has a 22 year old and 2 horrendous goalies. They did literally ***** none of that, and also lost their 2RW

I've never liked Kevyn as much as most of you, but I'm starting to get the rumblings of the feelings I'd get whenever I saw/heard Botts talk. We are an early season slide away from "get this guy away from my ***** hockey team" and we have already started the slide and have Tampa coming up next. Let's see what you guys have got, I guess. Tampa can probably smell our trepidation and fear

• Like (+1) 1

Pretty typical Islanders game. Are they ever not tight?

Hard to believe we only got about 50 seconds of PP time, tough to beat that team when they’re allowed to play their game.

Not going to put much stock in a game against the Isles PP, but the PK is certainly looking more aggressive and was disrupting plays.

Agree with Johnson and Clifton thoughts upthread: the former is delivering exactly what we signed him for, the latter…not so much.

Raising my eyebrows at the Levi concern; kid looked poised to me and gave us a chance to win.

Dylan Cozens looks 19 again. 

Really enjoyed the Mitts line, all three of them playing real well.

Not going to meet our goals with the first line playing like that. All 3 of them look kinda slow and collectively their chemistry ain’t there.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

They needed a top 4 D, a vet or two to help at forward, and to add one good goalie to a room that has a 22 year old and 2 horrendous goalies. They did literally ***** none of that, and also lost their 2RW

I've never liked Kevyn as much as most of you, but I'm starting to get the rumblings of the feelings I'd get whenever I saw/heard Botts talk. We are an early season slide away from "get this guy away from my ***** hockey team" and we have already started the slide and have Tampa coming up next. Let's see what you guys have got, I guess. Tampa can probably smell our trepidation and fear

Keep in mind that it has never, ever been so simple to make the Sabres a shoe-in. Not since the co-captains were here. Do one or two of these three simple things, and we'll see you in April! And the clown just sat there with that goofy grin for six straight months. Completely insane

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Tie game. He was plus one at that point. We didn’t see him after that. Not sure what he had to do with an offside and a high stick, though. 😂

I can’t believe I’m going to do this, but I think the order of best to worst on that line to open the season is JJP, VO, then Cozens. 

Skinner had a bad turn over or two but both centers have been bad two games in a row.

It’s not a get out of jail free card, but it also matters.

Somehow Casey Mittlestat has is quickly moving from my most annoying player on the roster to my favorite. Really like his game these days. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I think if you look at the replay on the NHL app, you don’t see the puck travel downwards. it travels level to the ice. I’m guessing the stick started high and touched the puck just below the crossbar. If he touched it above the puck would have to have gone downwords. But I don’t see it. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Pretty sure I saw him out there after the PK. 

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

We just have to start rolling with the punches a little bit 

AA6E5B72-A5F5-470B-A19D-092113E0FE3C.gif.75f9c98e94d555c52386866cd38c94b0.gif

Maybe if Adams stopped making Tik Toks with His Daughter, he would have time to find a forward and some goaltending 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Someone needs to let me know if there’s a Bedard or McDavid in 2024 draft.  too soon??

I don't think either guy has a draft eligible brother.

52 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Idk why any of you are calling the Greenway-Mitts-Benson line the 3rd line, it's not. 

Right now it's the top line.  

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

2 apples for Benson and he's the 2nd youngest Sabre to ever get a point. Off by 5 days from being 1st

Good for him. That kid is trying hard. I hope he makes it. It would send the wrong message if he plays well for 9 games and they send him back.

Maybe some of the "veteran" players we have ought to take notice of the hunger the kid has.

• Like (+1) 1

Benson is worth watching 

Oloffson is a problem

Thompson showed some signs of life but that line needs to get it together

Cozens is struggling. I blame VO

Johnson and Clifton are reassuring instead of the goon squad we’ve dealt with last few years 

Levi is fine. 2/3 goals were BS deflections 

Edited by triumph_communes
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.