GDT: Sabres @ Islanders - October 14, 2023 - 7:30PM, MSG-B/MSGSN/ESPN+📺WGR📻

SabresBaltimore

4 minutes ago, JohnRobertEichel said:

Hey, at least they're all friends and love the city of Buffalo! Did you see them all together at the Bills game? Did you see the latest episode of Between Two Stalls?

Wait, there's a new between 2 stalls?!? Dude I'm pumped for that, those are great. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Is there any more common occurrence than Buffalo teams getting ***** by refs?

I do wish half of you guys would stop it with the endless complaints. Guess what, goalies that are considered good don’t get traded. Your three options are draft and develop, trade mass assets for a question mark or sign a question mark for way more than he’ll likely be worth.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

PA is onto something with Brian Duff. An animal rage triggered in my brain as the feed switched back to the studio after that period and he was cackling with a *****-eating grin on his face 

Yeah, Duff is wearing on me. Actually our broadcast crew as a whole is.

• Like (+1) 1

In retrospect, our off-season consisted of shuffling dog **** third pair defenseman. When Clifton gets benched maybe we’ll be saved by inserting Bryson.

Greenway Mitts Benson is a fun line to watch. The creativity is starting to show.

KO gets slower and slower. Girgs is a non factor. Krebs has tenacity but needs younger, more agile linemates.

I’m not commenting on the first line except they can’t seem to find each other.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, thewookie1 said:

I do wish half of you guys would stop it with the endless complaints. Guess what, goalies that are considered good don’t get traded. Your three options are draft and develop, trade mass assets for a question mark or sign a question mark for way more than he’ll likely be worth.

"if your goaltending is bottom 5 for 10 years in a row, there was nothing you could do, it's nobody's fault because it was just chance" 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

PA is onto something with Brian Duff. An animal rage triggered in my brain as the feed switched back to the studio after that period and he was cackling with a *****-eating grin on his face 

Duff is a demon here to mock Sabres fans.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

"if your goaltending is bottom 5 for 10 years in a row, there was nothing you could do, it's nobody's fault because it was just chance" 

The Oilers have more or less had the same issue while doing the opposite. They have signed, traded and acquired at least 9 goalies and are exactly where we are but with a 6mil anchor goalie.

• Like (+1) 1

Reminder that Kevyn went to the mic this summer and told us that our goaltending is a "position of strength" 

Just now, thewookie1 said:

The Oilers have more or less had the same issue while doing the opposite. They have signed, traded and acquired at least 9 goalies and are exactly where we are but with a 6mil anchor goalie.

They were in the WCFs 18 months ago and made the playoffs last year

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Ok, all my negativity is officially done. I accept my demise and it’s gonna be another year. Just please get a real coach before my son goes to college, it’s too late for my daughter unfortunately.

Thank goodness.  You were making thread impossible to read.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

The Cackling Duff

season 2, volume 1

3 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Meh, about the same as last season I guess. They did play a decent period. Not up to what they are capable of imo, but decent. Sometimes bad things happen.

I think most realize that it's early...in the game and in the season, myself included. I don't want to be saying "It's early" come January.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Stop carrying water for Adams failure to address the position in 4 years

its ridiculous 

he could literally never fix it and you wouldn’t care. As long as there’s no big contract. It just can’t be done 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

So now I’m the bad guy for thinking “meh, one game in the books. Let’s see if they can fix those mistakes in the next few games”.

OR

”well, I want to see what this team looks overall after playing for two weeks before making any grand definitive statements on the entire team or the entire season”.

So the smart move is to say they suck, will suck, won’t get better, won’t improve, won’t make the playoffs, and won’t ever ever be good no matter what happens?

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Curt said:

Thank goodness.  You were making thread impossible to read.

I know, I just can’t believe I am still a season-ticket holder and believe it or not, I am about as upbeat in all aspects in life Tthis team just drives me to the edge because I just want to see my kids see one playoff game before they go to college.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.