Around the NHL 2023-24 Season

Brawndo

29 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2023/11/emotional-gm-opens-up-on-very.html

Hawks GM says Perry situation has nothing to do with other players or their families. Says rumours are disgusting.

Sounds like he did something at the arena or facility.

She has a name! 

Lol jk, who knows what happened. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Norcal said:

Yes but still healthy parking a player on LTIR

But that’s not what they are doing.  He has been out 3 and a half weeks and just started skating again 3-4 days ago.  They are probably applying the LTIR retroactively and maybe he’ll be out a little longer

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Sounds like he did something at the arena or facility.

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

No one knows what happened but it seems very serious for this to be going on. I don’t think any team touches him until details come out of what took place 

Could it be a gambling issue?

15 minutes ago, Curt said:

But that’s not what they are doing.  He has been out 3 and a half weeks and just started skating again 3-4 days ago.  They are probably applying the LTIR retroactively and maybe he’ll be out a little longer

It's retroactive to 11/2.

It says for cap reasons in the tweet.

Fox is being activated and they can't afford to have him on the active roster or they'd be over the cap. 

Am I missing something?

I get that its cap Olympics and all teams do it, I just don't think it should be allowed. 

It wasn't in 2006.

8 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Fox is being activated and they can't afford to have him on the active roster or they'd be over the cap. 

Am I missing something?

I get that its cap Olympics and all teams do it, I just don't think it should be allowed. 

It wasn't in 2006.

Different CBA.  Different rules.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

I know we always want to bring back guys who wore a Sabres jersey BUT wouldn't Reinhart be exactly the vet that the Sabres should sign in the offseason ?   3rd line, Stanley cup experience, isn't allergic to the dirty area in front of the opposing teams net and immediately upgrades the PP

He's learned alot about winning since he left too

46 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Am I missing something?

It wasn't in 2006.

The stuff I’ve read says he’s still working his way back to playing, just started skating. So he’s still out injured, could have previously been thrown on LTIR but there was no need to. Now with Fox back, they do need to do it. There’s nothing nefarious here. 

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

I know we always want to bring back guys who wore a Sabres jersey BUT wouldn't Reinhart be exactly the vet that the Sabres should sign in the offseason ?   3rd line, Stanley cup experience, isn't allergic to the dirty area in front of the opposing teams net and immediately upgrades the PP

I think I’d take Elias Lindholm if I had the choice of any UFA forward.

• Like (+1) 1

Perry did something wrong... if it was an issue involving a mental, alcohol, drug problem it would have been addressed by the collective bargaining. Lord knows what happened, but it is outside of the parameters of NHLPA deal. I know the rumors are out there and i really think it is bunk, could be wrong... but Chicago, really after the Beach fiasco, knows they have an airtight reason.... Perry screwed up somewhere and Chicago after covering it up the Beach situation, needed to lance the boil. Don't know what happened, but I guarantee they have the goods on their decision. 

2 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

I have his jersey and everything but... I dunno, feels like getting back together with an ex or something.  Besides on his way out he seemed to indicate he was done with Buffalo.

31 minutes ago, Standing Room Smoking Cigs said:

Perry did something wrong... if it was an issue involving a mental, alcohol, drug problem it would have been addressed by the collective bargaining. Lord knows what happened, but it is outside of the parameters of NHLPA deal. I know the rumors are out there and i really think it is bunk, could be wrong... but Chicago, really after the Beach fiasco, knows they have an airtight reason.... Perry screwed up somewhere and Chicago after covering it up the Beach situation, needed to lance the boil. Don't know what happened, but I guarantee they have the goods on their decision. 

Gambling, rookie hazing? It’s all speculation until something leaks out.

If it was gambling, the league would also suspend him, wouldn’t they?

5 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Gambling, rookie hazing? It’s all speculation until something leaks out.

If it was gambling, the league would also suspend him, wouldn’t they?

Pinto gambling was outed and probably part of the bargaining agreement.... There is something we don't know, but Chicago I'm sure has an iron clad reason for this...  morals clause

Edited by Standing Room Smoking Cigs
new wording

1 hour ago, SDS said:

I have never heard of Boeser. Why is he going off all of a sudden?

He's been a pretty good goal scorer for a while who has continually struggled with in-season injuries. 

That said, his 26% shooting percentage won't hold up. Meanwhile I've been riding him in Fantasy Hockey 🙂

• Like (+1) 1