Keybank Center Bag Policy

GreenDice

My wife and I are going to the season opener. I found the following in the emails from TicketMaster:

"Important Event Info
KEYBANK CENTER BAG POLICY: ALL BAGS, BACKPACKS, AND PURSES ARE PROHIBITED"

We have not attended a Sabres game for several years. Is this a new policy and do they enforce it? Thanks in advance.

Just now, GreenDice said:

My wife and I are going to the season opener. I found the following in the emails from TicketMaster:

"Important Event Info

We have not attended a Sabres game for several years. Is this a new policy and do they enforce it? Thanks in advance.

The purse thing is idiotic and just another reason to watch at home. 

• Agree 1

Bag Policy

All bags, backpacks and purses are prohibited. Clutches no larger than 4 x 6 x 1.5” are permitted and will be subject to visual inspection. Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items and diaper bags after they go through a thorough security screening.

• Thanks (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, GreenDice said:

"Important Event Info

I’m pretty sure this is standard at most venues throughout the country since 9/11.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, GreenDice said:

"Important Event Info

The policy is enforced.

8 hours ago, GreenDice said:

"Important Event Info

It’s enforced. But if you think about it, you and your wife can both wear jackets or coats with a few pockets. And bring in a few things from her purse. Just make sure they are not metal items and you’ll breeze right thru security. 👍🏼

20 hours ago, GreenDice said:

"Important Event Info

Went to our first game last march and took the train from our hotel and when we got there saw the sign that said no purses. That was a kick in the gut. We scrambled to get back on the train and back to our hotel so the wife could shelve the purse. I wondered at the time how many people does this happen to ? Its moronic but I suppose had I read the back of the ticket I might have seen that info. Not sure its there.

50 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Went to our first game last march and took the train from our hotel and when we got there saw the sign that said no purses. That was a kick in the gut. We scrambled to get back on the train and back to our hotel so the wife could shelve the purse. I wondered at the time how many people does this happen to ? Its moronic but I suppose had I read the back of the ticket I might have seen that info. Not sure its there.

No. It’s all Ticketmaster terms and conditions on the back.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Zamboni said:

No. It’s all Ticketmaster terms and conditions on the back.

That said, before the Peter Gabriel concert I received an email each from KBC and TicketMaster telling me of the policy.  That did not happen last year so I suspect they heard some complaints.

The newest joy is them taking the plastic caps from the bottles if you buy something to drink (water, etc.).  I guess it's to allow the bottle to empty a bit should you want to throw it?  No idea.

It's ridiculously strict and comical. Walk of shame for Dads, husbands, boyfriends, every game.  We park up by the baseball stadium and average is 5-6 faces of fast paced wrong direction frustration per game.  

And didn't sabres fail some federal audit on this last year?  Secret shopper got fake stuff in I think.

Feels like their could be some middle ground here.  In fact I think the policy is different for non Sabres events.  

9 minutes ago, LTS said:

That said, before the Peter Gabriel concert I received an email each from KBC and TicketMaster telling me of the policy.  That did not happen last year so I suspect they heard some complaints.

The newest joy is them taking the plastic caps from the bottles if you buy something to drink (water, etc.).  I guess it's to allow the bottle to empty a bit should you want to throw it?  No idea.

That was the policy before Covid.  Guy that sat next to us for years brought his own lid into the buiding with him.  Silly that he had to do that, but it worked.

16 minutes ago, Taro T said:

That was the policy before Covid.  Guy that sat next to us for years brought his own lid into the buiding with him.  Silly that he had to do that, but it worked.

Great idea. 
My wife and I brought in collapsible water bottles and filled them up at the drinking fountains. At $5.00 for a bottle of water … yea, I’ll save a few bucks on water thank you.

11 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Great idea. 
My wife and I brought in collapsible water bottles and filled them up at the drinking fountains. At $5.00 for a bottle of water … yea, I’ll save a few bucks on water thank you.

One step further than I.  When getting H2O at the rink, buy one and then refill it at the drinking fountains.  

• Like (+1) 1

So a woman with very large coat pockets can load them up with all kind of crap they put in their purse, but the same crap cannot be brought in via a purse?

Just dumb.  Some kind of ridiculous legal department liability decision, when the metal detectors are all that are needed.  

20 hours ago, Taro T said:

Hmmm.. I never recall this happening until this past time I was there.  Granted I did not buy much water, but my kid did.

20 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Great idea. 

And there's a great idea right there.  Not only that but I really hate single serve bottles.

20 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Great idea. 

Drinking fountain water at the arena tastes like recycled piss imo

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.