Sabres ticket sales still pretty dismal

PromoTheRobot

8 hours ago, Zamboni said:

It was a sellout Thursday.

Who is going to the next home game? I’m not. But if somebody is… Please post whether or not the next home game is a sellout. 👍🏼

I'll be there

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Does anyone buy seasons and actually go?

Do the Sabres have STHs or STSs?

We had 3 guys split 41 games 3 ways, for 2 seats. As far as I know, we only have to sell 1 of them and will go to the rest. It would be almost impossible for me in particular to do more than the 13 I have, so I'm not really sure how people manage 41 unless they live <20 mins away 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

My good friend has seasons with his dad. Last year they missed 3 games and the rest either they were sitting in the seats or they have them to friends. 

Otherwise known as the “Non-(terminally)onlines” 

Edited by Thorny

9 hours ago, centralparkhockey said:

This is true!  I bought Devils/Sabres tickets last season and the Devils are constantly emailing me.  

Now if I could just get Buffalo to email me back…

I’ve read your posts and must say everyone I have asked have had the opposite experience. Some of their staff had grown complacent but the new people gave been great.

If you want to pm me your info, I promise I can get someone to call you within 24 hours. 

18 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I’ve read your posts and must say everyone I have asked have had the opposite experience. Some of their staff had grown complacent but the new people gave been great.

If you want to pm me your info, I promise I can get someone to call you within 24 hours. 

Thanks for the offer Tom, but I bought a few single game tickets through Ticketmaster instead of the weekend pack.  

Sabres ticket office not answering my requests saved me a lot of money. 

Ticket sales may be dismal and the team not starting out as hoped, but, went to the box office last week and got tickets for a couple of upcoming games. 

Seventh and 8th row just off center behind goal where Sabres shoot twice, pretty nice seats, wasn’t expecting that.

Was tempted to get a few more games, but, am like others and reluctant to make a bigger “investment”.

7 minutes ago, Drag0nDan said:

I do enjoy going - but man that place is a dump.  If i don't have enough time to eat before i go its really frustrating too.  That and being charged 14 dollars for a cream ale.  

I'm lucky I don't drink, those prices are crazy! 😬

Usually go to Pearl Street prior to Sabres/Bandit games and just walk there. used to be nice when I worked at HSBC across the street and I would just go park in the lot for free right up close to the front and literally walk 50 feet across the street to the Keybank Center doors.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I'm lucky I don't drink, those prices are crazy! 😬

Usually go to Pearl Street prior to Sabres/Bandit games and just walk there. used to be nice when I worked at HSBC across the street and I would just go park in the lot for free right up close to the front and literally walk 50 feet across the street to the Keybank Center doors.

I usually park in the lot on perry and walk to ballyhoo.  Sausage and mac and cheese will do a body good.  

The Sabres sucked far too often at home last year and then reinforced it with a no-show opening night against the Rangers.  They were one of the best road teams last year, but not very good at home far too often.

If they want people in the building they need to start actually WINNING games at home and have a winning record.  Nobody wants to go see games where there is a better chance of them losing and looking terrible half the time to boot and like they have no idea how to play defense. 

They had the 5th worst record at home in the entire NHL last year.  The only 4 teams worse were the bottom feeders Columbus, Chicago, Anaheim and San Jose and they all finished over 30 points worse than the Sabres did.  That's pathetic.  Why would anyone want to spend money to see that type of crap performance?

Yesterday was a good step in that direction...played exceptionally solid, especially on D and the PK. 

Edited by matter2003

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

They did a comparison on WGR this AM between the second home game of the season and last. The second home game last year was a Saturday Night against Florida and last night’s game had approximately 3000 more tickets sold 

i kinda feels like people don't remember, or didn't know, what attendance has been like the past few years.

19 minutes ago, dudacek said:

i kinda feels like people don't remember, or didn't know, what attendance has been like the past few years.

can you blame them?  They miss the playoffs by 2 points but finished with the 5th worst home record in the NHL and the only 4 teams worse were the 4 worst teams in the NHL that had point totals of between 58-60 points, over 30 points less than them.  If they would have even played marginally better at home they make the playoffs easily last year.

they want more people watching them at home, then play like it.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Looks like 10-11K sold tonight. 

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

So what was the official ruling last night? Was it a sellout? if not how many tickets were sold?

Unless it's a sellout, or close to one, they've been very reluctant in recent years to give the attendance figure while people are at the game.  Box scores used to give the paid attendance, maybe they still do.  (Haven't looked that closely at one in a long time.)  So, answers to your Q's would be: 1. a win in OT; 2. No; 3. No data but the 10-11k sold is a reasonable guess as a lot of seats that are probably held by STHers were empty.  Personally, estimated the actual attendance at somewhere between 8-9k.  (Just a smidge below 50% full.)

55 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Personally, estimated the actual attendance at somewhere between 8-9k.  (Just a smidge below 50% full.)

Disappointing… Message couldn’t have been lost on the players or management.

4 hours ago, Believer said:

Disappointing… Message couldn’t have been lost on the players or management.

Depends on the message.  There are a LOT of ways to read that attendance mark last night and it would not be a bad thing to frame last night's attendance against home game 2 of definitely the past 2 seasons and more perspective could likely be garnered by looking at at least the last 5 years of game 2's and probably it should be viewed against the whole continuum from when the MMArena opened.

The REAL short answer is, they ARE getting fans back.  Might still be some work they need to do to get even more back.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.