Sahlen Field is on fire: 9/1/2023

LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

That doesn't look great. Hopefully, there's not too much damage.

Also: How do you @LGR4GM get Tweets to embed now that the site is called X or whatever?

The URL is still twitter.com.  Even if I navigate to x.com it redirects to twitter.com.  I haven't noticed any difference.

4 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

That doesn't look great. Hopefully, there's not too much damage.

Also: How do you @LGR4GM get Tweets to embed now that the site is called X or whatever?

I go to the tweet I want and in the lower right corner is the share option. I click share - copy link. Then I post it here and wait a few seconds for the forum to embed the tweet after I post it. It usually takes 2-5 seconds for the forum to actually do its embedding and if you post before that it doesn't work. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

The URL is still twitter.com.  Even if I navigate to x.com it redirects to twitter.com.  I haven't noticed any difference.

Is that equally true for when you're on a phone? I think that's where I've had issues. 

And not just here. On Twitter (X), if I copy a link to a Tweet on my phone and embed it as a reply Tweet, no graphic preview is generated.

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I go to the tweet I want and in the lower right corner is the share option. I click share - copy link. Then I post it here and wait a few seconds for the forum to embed the tweet after I post it. It usually takes 2-5 seconds for the forum to actually do its embedding and if you post before that it doesn't work. 

I'll make sure I'm doing this and not some other means of sharing the link. I'll also try waiting longer and see if that helps.

40 minutes ago, Marvin said:

This screws up Wing Fest, doesn't it?

Did they move it out to the football stadium a couple years ago?

Thankfully, the fire appears to have been limited to a freestanding ice cream (dip n dots?!) cart. I'm sure that there will be some smoke and water damage, though.

Wow they’re estimating $600k in damages.  We’re about to head down to the waterfront now so I’ll have to take a walk by and see if there’s any visible damage to the outside of the building.

For those with bisons tix for tomorrow, the team will announce whether the game will go ahead or not later today after an assessment of damages. 

Damn dip n dots arnt even that good….

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Also, shoutout @LGR4GM on being precise with how he embeds Tweets. I'll have to wait and see if that protocol can resolve my mobile interface issue as well.

Don't use the predictive text bar to paste. Tap where you're going to type your message then press and hold down until 'paste' appears. 

No idea why, but this seems to affect my phone. Might have to do with the keyboard I use. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.