Sahlen Field is on fire: 9/1/2023

LGR4GM

3 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

That doesn't look great. Hopefully, there's not too much damage.

Also: How do you @LGR4GM get Tweets to embed now that the site is called X or whatever?

No differences since the "changeover" on a Samsung Galaxy tablet.  Press the address bar at X until the actual url shows and the "right click" options appear underneath.  Choose "copy"  then in the Sabrespace posting window press where the link should be embedded until the "right click" options appear and then choose paste.  "Same as it ever was."

(Sorry, couldn't find this video on twitter/X; but it still is the same process.)  Would expect an actual phone works the same as a tablet as they both use the android operating system.  (Unless you're one of "those people" that uses Iphones.  No clue as to whether those things play nice with other sites or not.)

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

Wait - like on a page of a web browser

And, yes, I am an iPhone user.

No, the address bar which is above the individual browser tabs.  The one identifying which website/page you are actually on.

On the Samsung, anything at sabrespace is identified as www.sabrespace.com but when that is pressed, then the actual url gets displayed and after about 1 second, a bunch of "right click" (were it on a windows machine) options including "copy" appear under that address bar.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

No, the address bar which is above the individual browser tabs.  The one identifying which website/page you are actually on.

On the Samsung, anything at sabrespace is identified as www.sabrespace.com but when that is pressed, then the actual url gets displayed and after about 1 second, a bunch of "right click" (were it on a windows machine) options including "copy" appear under that address bar.

thanks. i don't follow. but that's on me. i think i found a workaround.

• Like (+1) 1

So I’m on iPhone too. The copy link doesn’t work for embedding. 

you need to go to “share via” at bottom right  

pull up the menu and select “open in safari” (prob any browser but I haven’t checked)

then long press the address bar and cop the url (when in browser it’s twitter.com so embeds fine)  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, steveoath said:

So I’m on iPhone too. The copy link doesn’t work for embedding. 

you need to go to “share via” at bottom right  

pull up the menu and select “open in safari” (prob any browser but I haven’t checked)

then long press the address bar and cop the url (when in browser it’s twitter.com so embeds fine)  

This is the solution that I found as well.

Twitter was so great. It’s a shame it’s being made worse in so many ways.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.