2023 Buffalo Sabres Development Camp at HarborCenter. July 2 thru July 6.

Zamboni

Curious to see how Kisakov does this season and how much his 150lb listed weight on eliteprospects changes. He had a disappointing freshman season in Rochester, but sometimes it's hard to remember they're just kids and, in Kisakov's case, he moved half a world away from his friends and family to play a sport in foreign country where he doesn't speak the language. That's mentally tough. Case in point: you can see him in the video say he's excited to "make new friends who can speak Russian."

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

Curious to see how Kisakov does this season and how much his 150lb listed weight on eliteprospects changes. He had a disappointing freshman season in Rochester, but sometimes it's hard to remember they're just kids and, in Kisakov's case, he moved half a world away from his friends and family to play a sport in foreign country where he doesn't speak the language. That's mentally tough. Case in point: you can see him in the video say he's excited to "make new friends who can speak Russian."

He's 160lbs now according to the camp roster 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

9:15am

They're really going to make the kids wake up that early?  Definitely not driving in for it.  😉

Might have to finish the growler tonight.  (Won (well 2nd place but 2 round wins to go with it) trivia tonight.  Am on a roll.)

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RochesterExpat said:

So at that rate we've got about 3 years to go lol

We've got another 2 years of development before I'd ever think much about Kisakov outside Rochester. That's okay though. Not everyone is ready at 21 or 22.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Derrico said:

Roll call.  

Who’s going tomorrow?  My boys and I will be there.  Looking forward to it!  Will try and post some updates. 

You mind waking up 3 hours early to give yours truly a ride?  Yeah, didn't think so.  See you at the meet up.  😛

Have fun and give us the scouting report.  Being live in the building you see stuff the rest of us don't.

14 minutes ago, Taro T said:

You mind waking up 3 hours early to give yours truly a ride?  Yeah, didn't think so.  See you at the meet up.  😛

Have fun and give us the scouting report.  Being live in the building you see stuff the rest of us don't.

I would but I’m already dreading the early morning rush getting those damn kids out of bed, dressed and out the door haha.  And we’re only a 6 min metro ride or 20 min walk away now.  Still gonna be an early morning tho lol. 

Definitely looking forward to seeing you again at the meet up!  

Will post a few updates for sure!

Edited by Derrico
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Unbeknownst to most, I'm almost always at the scrimmage but sadly tomorrow is a day of days.

Unbeknownst to most, this kid is almost always at day 1 of training camp.  (At least prior to Kruguer becoming the coach.  He closed those practices to fans and haven't felt like driving in and finding out Granato felt the same way.)  Used to be a blast.  Got to talk to folks from John Muckler to Joe Corsi to Kevin Silvestri and many inbetween.)  But will likely be there this year again.  (Not Dev Camp, TC)  Will be the guy with the Dahlin AS jersey, the Sabres hat, and the bad hair cut.  Come say hi if you're there.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 7/5/2023 at 2:35 PM, LGR4GM said:

Neuchev is 5'11" but was listed at 6'2" originally. 

Huh, just realized this.  Darn.  I had envisioned him becoming a 6’2” beastly physical specimen.  A 5’11” beast just isn’t quite the same.

I watched the interview with the temporary coaches brought in to help.

They sounded extremely grateful for the opportunity and raved about being included in everything by KA and all of his staff.

Chelsea Walkland coaches at Colgate, is from Rochester and is a big Sabres fan. I wonder if there is a possibility of her getting a position with the Amerks at some point?

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, French Collection said:

They sounded extremely grateful for the opportunity and raved about being included in everything by KA and all of his staff.

Chelsea Walkland coaches at Colgate, is from Rochester and is a big Sabres fan. I wonder if there is a possibility of her getting a position with the Amerks at some point?

It's only a matter of time.

13 hours ago, French Collection said:

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

It's only a matter of time.

This assumes she wants to coach men's hockey, in which case, she should be an assistant on the Colgate men's team instead.  The two versions have enough differences that she'll need some experience coaching men before moving to the pro level.  (I suppose she might be able to gain that experience as an assistant-to-the-assistant in Rochester?)

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Could definitely envision women coaching, scouting, & GMing at the NHL level.  Some even at elite levels.

Don't expect it to ever be close to parity head count-wise between women and men.  Not because of sexism or anything nefarious but because so many more boys play hockey than girls do.  (And regardless of how hard Nike, ESPN, and others work at increasing female participation in sports, don't ever see girls wanting to play sports like hockey at the same sort of participation rates as boys do.)

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Could definitely envision women coaching, scouting, & GMing at the NHL level.  Some even at elite levels.

Don't expect it to ever be close to parity head count-wise between women and men.  Not because of sexism or anything nefarious but because so many more boys play hockey than girls do.  (And regardless of how hard Nike, ESPN, and others work at increasing female participation in sports, don't ever see girls wanting to play sports like hockey at the same sort of participation rates as boys do.)

Coach Granato's sister is a trailblazer. 

https://www.nhl.com/news/cammi-granato-named-vancouver-assistant-general-manager/c-330672070

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

Who wins a cup first, Cammi or Donnie.

Oh, wait, that’s right, Donnie doesn’t know when to pull one crappy goalie to put in another crappy goalie in a timely fashion,  so it will definitely be Cammi. 

Pretty serious hockey family.

I can’t wait to win the cup with Donny Meatballs as our coach.

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Who wins a cup first, Cammi or Donnie.

Oh, wait, that’s right, Donnie doesn’t know when to pull one crappy goalie to put in another crappy goalie in a timely fashion,  so it will definitely be Cammi. 

Pretty serious hockey family.

I can’t wait to win the cup with Donny Meatballs as our coach.

Won't happen with him he's likely to put buffalo on the path and some one will finish it .

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.