[GDT] 2023 NHL Draft, 7PM ET, ESPN

#freejame

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Lol Toronto. That's the reach of round 1.

True. But if he's your guy (and you're only drafting in the 1st, 5th, and 6th)... take him.

The ESPN crew did say Toronto and St Louis were looking for teams interested in moving up into the 1st. So Toronto likely wanted to get him early in the 2nd and net an extra pick. But if you can't spin the trade/find a taker...  take your guy.

Edited by DarthEbriate

3 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Who's left?

Beau Akey

Carter Sotheran

uhhh others (I'd have to look) but the Sabres should seriously be trying to draft Beau Akey. He is a 6' RHD that is exceedingly good at breaking up plays and starting a rush. Carter Sotheran is 6'3" and a little raw but has lots of potential and idk if he'll be there at 89 (he is a RHD)

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Beau Akey

Carter Sotheran

uhhh others (I'd have to look) but the Sabres should seriously be trying to draft Beau Akey. He is a 6' RHD that is exceedingly good at breaking up plays and starting a rush. Carter Sotheran is 6'3" and a little raw but has lots of potential and idk if he'll be there at 89 (he is a RHD)

Maxim Strbak?  Cameron Allen?

Wait is Lukas Dragicevic still around? There's a guy if you just want to say F it and hope he figures out how to play defense some day. His offense is really good and he is a 6'1" RHD. 

Here is a good list too: Sawchyn and Akey are really interesting to me. Gauthier as well. 

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Beau Akey

Carter Sotheran

Sabres pick 7 and 13 but Wings have 3 picks right before Sabres at 13 gotta figure they take at least 1 D

1 minute ago, Curt said:

Maxim Strbak?  Cameron Allen?

At 45 I might take Strbak. 

Cam Allen is interesting. Idk what to make of him but I might wait until 89 because I think Allen might just not have it in terms of hockey sense. 

Just now, North Buffalo said:

Sabres pick 7 and 13 but Wings have 3 picks right before Sabres at 13 gotta figure they take at least 1 D

They did take a defender but I would think 1 more is coming off the board. They seem to prefer Euro defenders. Could see Strbak going on to Detroit as he would fit what they do and is a RHD with some size that might appeal to them.

Just now, sabresparaavida said:

If he continues to fall, Andrew Christall would be a steal at 39, even if the forward cupboards are pretty damn full.

I'd rather take Sawchyn but I think this is just a case where we disagree on some guys. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.