Report: Teams are "poking around the Sabres" about Victor Olofsson

LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Victor no longer has a spot; that’s why he didn’t play down the stretch and it’s why he’s being moved.

His replacement on the roster is already here in Jordan Greenway. Adams sacrificed excess scoring in his middle six wing group for a boost in size and defensive awareness.

The combination of Greenway and whatever Adams uses Victor for needs to benefit the team more than the 2nd he gave up for Greeway.

That 2nd become 64th overall too. Greenway is def worth more. 

36 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Victor no longer has a spot; that’s why he didn’t play down the stretch and it’s why he’s being moved.

His replacement on the roster is already here in Jordan Greenway. Adams sacrificed excess scoring in his middle six wing group for a boost in size and defensive awareness.

The combination of Greenway and whatever Adams uses Victor for needs to benefit the team more than Olofsson and the 2nd he gave up for Greenway.

If marcus foligno becomes available I would bring him back and move on from greenway imo .

• Vomit 1

9 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Sounds like a solid bet and for Olofsson to score 50 goals lol 🙂

On one hand I wouldn't mind getting a good return, but we are trading away a lot of goals.   

Goals that could just as easily have been scored by someone else. 

Olofsson's a bit like Sprong in Seattle (who Seattle doesn't want to pay). One dimensional guys who popped in some goals so they seem valuable. In the right situation they can pop in some more but they are liabilities in other facets of the game. 

I suspect we get very little for him even if we retain salary. And we won't miss him or his goals at all as they'll be popped in by someone else in his spot. 

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

If marcus foligno becomes available I would bring him back and move on from greenway imo .

Is there anybody on this board that WOULDN'T take Foligno back in a heartbeat? 

34 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Goals that could just as easily have been scored by someone else. 

Olofsson's a bit like Sprong in Seattle (who Seattle doesn't want to pay). One dimensional guys who popped in some goals so they seem valuable. In the right situation they can pop in some more but they are liabilities in other facets of the game. 

I suspect we get very little for him even if we retain salary. And we won't miss him or his goals at all as they'll be popped in by someone else in his spot. 

Is there anybody on this board that WOULDN'T take Foligno back in a heartbeat? 

There's probably  More than you think ..

Start the poll 

Marcus Foligno. 32 years old before the start of the 23-24 season.

In the last two seasons he’s played 74, and 65 games.

In the last two seasons he has 42 points and 21 points.

In the last two seasons his PIM’s are 112, and 97.

He is a 3.1 M cap hit for the 23-24 season.

opinion… He plays a physical style, he’s not getting any younger, and he’s missed a good chunk of games with injuries, and in my opinion the length of injuries will just get longer the older he gets. I would pass on him. if he was two or three years younger, he would be an attractive piece to obtain. If he would even want to come back to Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

Marcus Foligno. 32 years old before the start of the 23-24 season.

In the last two seasons he’s played 74, and 65 games.

In the last two seasons he has 42 points and 21 points.

In the last two seasons his PIM’s are 112, and 97.

He is a 3.1 M cap hit for the 23-24 season.

opinion… He plays a physical style, he’s not getting any younger, and he’s missed a good chunk of games with injuries, and in my opinion the length of injuries will just get longer the older he gets. I would pass on him. if he was two or three years younger, he would be an attractive piece to obtain. If he would even want to come back to Buffalo.

But his defense is pretty elite which buffalo could use I would rather have a guy that can pot 10-15 goals ,hit and play great defense and skate with the team

Instead of a slow Glacier that won't hit or do anything 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

But his defense is pretty elite which buffalo could use I would rather have a guy that can pot 10-15 goals ,hit and play great defense and skate with the team

Instead of a slow Glacier that won't hit or do anything 

and his leadership. He's always played hard and played the right way. He'd be a great influence on some of the young guys.

I don't think Minnesota has any desire to move him out though, even if we were interested (which I doubt). 

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

and his leadership. He's always played hard and played the right way. He'd be a great influence on some of the young guys.

I don't think Minnesota has any desire to move him out though, even if we were interested (which I doubt). 

I have checked Minnesota boards.  Although the team would prefer to keep him, the Suter and Parise buyouts peak this coming season, so their fans think that his age may make it necessary to move Foligno for a young player.

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

I have checked Minnesota boards.  Although the team would prefer to keep him, the Suter and Parise buyouts peak this coming season, so their fans think that his age may make it necessary to move Foligno for a young player.

Maybe. They don't actually have that many forwards signed though. I think it more likely they let Dumba walk. 

17 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Would you trade Olofsson for Clutterbuck, NYI’s 2nd and the rights to Varlomov? 

In a heartbeat, but you won't get anywhere near that much imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Maybe. They don't actually have that many forwards signed though. I think it more likely they let Dumba walk. 

In a heartbeat, but you won't get anywhere near that much imo. 

That was literally from some Islander fan on CapFriendly

6 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Yes.

Is that a rumour?

Sadly no

• Thanks (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

In the stuff I read, they assumed Dumba was gone already.

• Thanks (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kas23 said:

If not in a package for a D, would love to grab an extra 2nd rounder, preferably an early one, for Olofsson. There’s decent depth in this draft. 

Given what return has been for players of VO’s ilk, with little term left, have been going for, I’d be surprised if the Sabres could get anything more than a late round pick.  

6 minutes ago, inkman said:

Given what return has been for players of VO’s ilk, with little term left, have been going for, I’d be surprised if the Sabres could get anything more than a late round pick.  

Toffoli is similar but better and he got Sharangovich and a 3rd.

Sharangovich is similar but worse and he and a 3rd got Toffoli.

🤷

On 6/16/2023 at 6:36 PM, PerreaultForever said:

We have two leaders now on the roster -KO and Zemus.  As a fan, I would rather see the kids play instead of another old, you what you get, player.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MISabresFan said:

We have two leaders now on the roster -KO and Zemus.  As a fan, I would rather see the kids play instead of another old, you what you get, player.

Dahlin isn’t a leader? Since when?

Tuch isn’t a leader? Since when?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Zamboni said:

Dahlin isn’t a leader? Since when?

Tuch isn’t a leader? Since when?

I am sure they are. I do not want to see another roster spot taken up by an older player and say he brings "leadership" to the locker room.  The Sabres have enough leadership.  Right now, there is no room for VO.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.