Report: Teams are "poking around the Sabres" about Victor Olofsson

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, MISabresFan said:

WHAT - used interrogatively as a request for specific information. 

In regards to bringing Foligno back.  I would not like to see it.  It takes a spot away from the kids in Rochester.  Capiche

I guess?  I think your other sentence--the one I responded to--was missing some words.

• Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Dahlin is THE leader, I don't care who is wearing the C.

What we lack, in terms of leadership. is NHL playoff winners. 

The best captains/leaders in the NHL that I can think of from the last few years include, Patrice Bergeron, Jordan Staal, Anze Kopitar, Crosby, Stone. There are other leaders and former captains like Nick Foligno but we have had nobody like this. Okposo's a good guy, but he's not an experienced winner. Girgs is just a veteran we have. Tuch, imo, is the closest thing we have. 

Eichel should never have been captain. Dahlin? idk. Not sure if he has what it takes. maybe. 

28 minutes ago, inkman said:

You took capiche a little more kindly than I would.  In my book Capiche = understand moron?  

Capisce is a neutral word. It literally means to ask "message received?" or "are we clear?"

4 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

rumor that Sabres trade Olofsson to Calgary for Hanifan and two 2nd round picks.

Very new rumor. Apparently it was online and then it wasn’t. Was an nhl page. Just thought I’d put that out there. Imagine. 

I better call my Doc, I'm going to need to up my blood pressure meds

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

rumor that Sabres trade Olofsson to Calgary for Hanifan and two 2nd round picks.

Very new rumor. Apparently it was online and then it wasn’t. Was an nhl page. Just thought I’d put that out there. Imagine. 

Like we're giving Calgary Vo, 39, and 45 for Hanifin? 

It didn’t say what year 2nds were. It was supposedly up online and then quickly taken down. Maybe Hanifan signs long term? 

VO is gonna be hard to deal for a warm body straight up with his $4.75 million expiring deal. So it’s not that far fetched. 

23 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

It didn’t say what year 2nds were. It was supposedly up online and then quickly taken down. Maybe Hanifan signs long term? 

VO is gonna be hard to deal for a warm body straight up with his $4.75 million expiring deal. So it’s not that far fetched. 

And Olofsson with 50% retention should be very easily dealt.  ~$2.4MM for 1 year wouldn't be limiting at all on what the Sabres can do - Dahlin's, Power's, & Mittelstadt's next deals don't kick in until next year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.