Sabres announce Ryan Johnson signs 2 year ELC (Finally)

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Sabres announce Ryan Johnson signs 2 year ELC (Finally)
2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If Savoie can, I don't see why not. But will he after missing most of the playoffs?

Johnson hasn’t played since the Frozen Four so he won’t be inserted in the lineup. Savoie came straight from the WHL Finals so he had been playing the whole time.

I would love to see a Johnson-Metsa pairing at some point😀

Im happy about this announcement. Kid is a great skater and plays a really smart defensive game.

You have to think he has a chance to take that 3rd LHD spot in Buffalo.

Good Job Adams. Nice week (Johnson, Komarov, Novikov,Okposo)

• Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Just two years? I assume this year isn't included.

He missed a lot of potential playing time.

Agree about the playing time.  Just throwing this out there ,maybe he was playing though a nagging injury and just wanted some time off?

I'm not too concerned about thowing him in the lineup to play. I think just being there for practices, getting to know 'some of the guys' and the coaches is going to be the short term benefit.

If, IF, Rochester advances AND they are hit with a couple injuries on the back end, that is where I see him playing.

Edited by mjd1001

Well, there’s goes that dumb theory that the Sabres would’ve preferred a late 2nd rounder in 2024. 

That said, I have real concerns on why he didn’t sign earlier. In the least, he could’ve  played in every Amerks playoff game. He doesn’t seem like a competitor. 

Edited by kas23
  • Eyeroll 3

56 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So you're saying those 2 years are coming up? His Amerks playoff fling isn't going to be considered year one?

Per Lance Lysowski the contract starts next season as he probably doesn’t make the lineup this year for the Amerks 

• Thanks (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Good Job Adams. Nice week (Johnson, Komarov, Novikov,Okposo)

The little fish have been taken care of.

Now it's time to address the real items of the offseason: Extensions for Dahlin and Power, determining what Joker and UPL and Mitts mean to the franchise, and then finding the veteran D and goalie. (OK probably not goalie because it's GM Sheevyn and we have all we need right here, but still a veteran goalie would be very, very helpful.)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2