The Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023: First Round GDT

Eleven

2 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Montour is the real deal, he was just so emotional when he was here, he has gotten a hold of his emotions 

Exactly. It's shocking to think anyone coulda been happy being in that ***** show of an organization at the time. 

2 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

The only bad part is that Toronto will have an easier round 2. 😬

You never know.  Florida is physical.  Their best players are stepping up.  They are peaking at the right time. 

• Like (+1) 1

Not so sure I buy into the "it just got easier for the Leafs" narrative. This Boston series showed Florida can hang with a physical team and that they're really disciplined in terms of execution. Toronto is less disciplined, IMHO, which works in the Panther's favor over a 7 game series. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

You never know.  Florida is physical.  Their best players are stepping up.  They are peaking at the right time. 

Not deep though. I think they shot their bolt in this series and will burn out. They will give Toronto some problems in front of the net here and there but overall I doubt they can sustain this level.

Sadly, Toronto has a winnable pathway to the Stanley Cup. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Ullmark had a bad series 

Bruins Twitter:  START SWAYMAN!!!

Also Bruins Twitter: WHY THE **** DID SWAYMAN START???

2 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

The question arises. Could this have been the Sabres? We lost to Florida in the last week of the season. 

One win maybe. We aren't at the Panthers level.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OverPowerYou said:

The question arises. Could this have been the Sabres? We lost to Florida in the last week of the season. 

No. That would have helped the Bruins cruise through. We do not forecheck, play physical and dominate in front the way the Panthers did. It's an aggressive style that gave the Bruins problems all year, not just in this series, and it's absolutely NOT how we play. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, PerreaultForever said:

Not deep though. I think they shot their bolt in this series and will burn out. They will give Toronto some problems in front of the net here and there but overall I doubt they can sustain this level.

I dunno… you take down a team that was as dominant as Boston, they’ve got the eye of the tiger right now.

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

I can easily see Toronto going to the finals in the East. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.