GDT: Sabres @ Rangers - April 10, 2023, 7pm, MSG 📺 WGR 📻

Porous Five Hole

1 minute ago, Billznut said:

Usually the case, but they are in desperation mode now. If Granato plays another goalie and they get shelled, he will be second guessed all off season, including from inside the locker room. He has to ride with Levi I believe. 

College hockey plays back to back nights all the time. If anything it's the cadence he's used to and he's not going to be tired, he's only played 39 games since October.

• Agree 1

Watched the Rangers feed.

Announcers were really complimentary of the Sabres.

Really good things to say about Dahlin And Power.

They were fawning over Levi by the end.

Great to see Mitts on this run. No way they move him. Dahlin, Power And Mitts get extensions this summer.

Both goalies were lights out tonight.

I don’t know if Buffalo trusts anyone but Levi in net until they are eliminated. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Well technically Islanders don't need to lose, tied at 93 we got the edge over them.   panthers need to loose to canes.

We don't have the tiebreaker on the Isles...Isles have 35 regulation wins, Sabres only have 29. Even if they were to win all 3 games left in regulation they could only get to a max of 32.

Sabres will need to have one more point than the 2nd wildcard team currently does because they are going to lose our on tiebreakers to all of the possible teams(FLO, NYI, PIT)

• Agree 2

Just now, Flashsabre said:

Great to see Mitts on this run. No way they move him. Dahlin, Power And Mitts get extensions this summer.

I don’t know if Buffalo trusts anyone but Levi in net until they are eliminated. 

Also said the Sabres are in the playoffs if Levi is here all season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Flashsabre said:

Yeah I was watching it too, I always watch the opponent feed cause ours is so bad in comparison.

They said we are a team that is coming on strong and next year is likely going to make some noise.

2 minutes ago, Billznut said:

I’m talking about tomorrow night right now. Has to be Levi 

What I'm saying is that if he starts someone else and he gets shellacked, but the teams ahead of us keep winning, it's moot in the grand scheme.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Panthers play Canes at home. Not a gimme. Canadiens at Isles. Say a prayer.

I say a little prayer for you...

Sabres will need at least 5 out of 6 points to get in even if the Isles and Pens both lose out. They lose all tie breakers so the only way they get in is to have at least 1 more point.

15 minutes ago, MBD said:

And he on them...

Seriously, thanks for this. Been several posts about what’s gonna happen when they get a book on Levi. Well, it’s a two way street where goalies compile their own books on shooters as well. Especially smart goalies like Levi. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Just now, Contempt said:

yeah, but you need to control what you can control. Levi is the best option right now and it's not close.

I don't disagree at all.  Just saying DG has cover if he starts someone else and the other teams make it moot. 

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

And so did Power. His shootout goal was done in such a way that he looked casual in his approach to beat one of the best goalies in the game. 

Power's move was REALLLY close to being illegal, but I can't remember a time they ever called that so why not push the boundary?

1 minute ago, MBD said:

I don't disagree at all.  Just saying DG has cover if he starts someone else and the other teams make it moot. 

Yeah, but if he starts someone else and they get shelled and the other teams lose that cover is very much gone.  Just play your best guys, don't over think it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

Some quick thoughts on this game:

Shesterkin was the best player in this game. Levi was not far behind with his play in net. Levi is the real deal. Not only was he terrific in the game but he was tremendous in the shootout. 

I thought Tuch was our best player. I would give him our first star and Levi the second star. For the game I would have given Shesterkin the first star. 

NYR's offense in their zone is East/West. Far different scheme than ours.  

I thought Joki had an excellent game. And so did Power. His shootout goal was done in such a way that he looked casual in his approach to beat one of the best goalies in the game. 

My response to anyone who continues to be a critic of Mitts is simple: You will be ignored. He looks really comfortable on the first line. 

The Rangers are a good team with a world class goalie. We matched them. Levi elevates the roster. 

Great win. One game at a time. 

How can one not be proud of this team? 

Mitts has come a long way from the middle of last season for sure. I noticed in the 3rd when the puck was bounced of a Ranger player at their blueline back in to their own zone, he immediately transitioned from backwards to forwards and the speed burst was incredible. His board play is very good, great on ice vision....ya, He's going to be just fine.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Contempt said:

Power's move was REALLLY close to being illegal, but I can't remember a time they ever called that so why not push the boundary?

On what basis was it illegal? It looked well within the rules to me. It was just that his approach seemed so casual that made it a little unique. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.