GDT: Hurricanes @ Sabres - April 8, 2023, 12:30pm, MSG ๐Ÿ“บ WGR ๐Ÿ“ป

LGR4GM

4 minutes ago, Nitro60 said:

13 out of a possible 16 points.ย  They played poorly after the All Star break only to surge like this.ย  Hallmark of a young and talented team.ย  Looking forward to the off season and talent acquisitions.ย  ย Lets go Sabres!

Agree and have to think there's really good coaching going on too for it to happen.ย 

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

We found our goalie. Savoie, Kulich, and get a vet d man and maybe a vet forward and we are on our way.ย 

No Kulich yet, let him mature so when he joins he contributes without sheltering. Because if he replaces someone at this point it's JJP which isn't necessary.ย (Not to say Kulich doesn't get a short callup next year, but don't rush him.) Savoie as the 12/13 simply because of the rules. Rousek as the other 12/13 in the Hino/VO role. Then, the other new F is a Zemgus/KO replacement but only if they don't move on. The improvement of this roster's forward comes from learned experience and being more aware, exact, and stronger defensively in their end. And add a top-4 capable D-man, of course.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Believer said:

Whoever decided on Levi starting today has got to be feeling goodโ€ฆ Levi needs to rest up for Mondayโ€ฆ and maybe Tuesday

If they win against the Rangers with another goalie I can see Levi finishing out the last three games.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nitro60 said:

If they win against the Rangers with another goalie I can see Levi finishing out the last three games.

If/when they are officially eliminated, Anderson should get the season finale to ride off a stellar career into the sunset, IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Forida has Washington, Toronto and Carolina
Islanders has Philly, Washington and Montreal
Pittsburgh has Detroit, Chicago and Columbus
To me the Sabres have to win out and expect two teams to collapse. Odds are that will not happen but I am very pleased with the progress of this team.ย 

• Like (+1) 2

Just some quick impressions on the game. I didn't see the first period but saw the clip on Mitts first period score.ย 

Dahlin would get my first star. And Mitts would get my second star. The third star goes to Levi.

The hit of the game was Spellman's hit along the boards that drew a penatly.ย 

The pass of the game was Dahlin's pass to Mitts for his second goal. The second best pass was Skinner kicking the puck to Mitts who backhanded it in. Keep shooting Skinner!

The play of the game was Dahlin's using his stick to deflect a shot from a Carolina player who had an open net.ย 

Anyone who has any issues with Mitts is simply being stubborn about him.

Carolina is not a flashy team. They are a tough and rugged team that relentlessly grinds it out for the whole game. We matched them at the compete level. Carolina is a good team. But when you watched this game you can't come away and say that they were the better team. With good and consistent goaltending, which Levi provides, our team is elevated.ย 

The crowd was into this game; and the crowd is into Levi. The fans recognizes what he does for this team.ย 

The coach putting Mitts on the first line is paying off for the player. Tage playing well on another line shows his versatility. The Sabres are acquiring enough top twoline players that allow for mixing, maxing and experimenting with line.ย 

This was a good win. It's especially good to see a filled building with enthusiastic fans.ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

So a couple of game notes...

Stillman and Boosh pretty much benched for most of the third after being on the ice for the last two Carolina goals.

Jost only played 5:57 and was a -2...ouch

Quinn and JJP also -2 and only played a little over 10 minutes.

They had bad shifts and earned that seat on the bench.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.