GDT : Sabres at Islanders 3-25-2023 5 PM - ESPN+/Hulu, WGR

PromoTheRobot

Just now, jad1 said:

That's how you close it out.

It might be boring to some, but this is my favorite win this season because they played a game that is out-of-character for them.

On no rest, too.

Sleep well, my Sabres.  Don't even wake up until Monday morning.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Nobody plays more boring hockey than the Islanders. 

Some sort of poetic justice maybe for Kyle to score the late winner. Good for him. 

So this was good. They usually struggle against this sort of hockey but they found a way to plod their way through it. That's what it takes to win in this league. You don't get to play the way you prefer every night and you have to adapt to what you face. Some definite positives here. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I think everyone knows my thoughts on Casey MIttlestadt.  And they are not about to change.  But he certainly built up his trade value in the last ten minutes.

or if we don't want to sh*t on him in one of his and the team's best efforts this season...he certainly built up his extension case in today's game

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CTJoe said:

or if we don't want to sh*t on him in one of his and the team's best efforts this season...he certainly built up his extension case in today's game

Mitts has come onto his own. He was an essential component in these last two games.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, jad1 said:

That's how you close it out.

It might be boring to some, but this is my favorite win this season because they played a game that is out-of-character for them.

Agree.  This is a style they have to figure out.  Patient, stay in your system, hit and hit back, shoot when it’s there.  

• Like (+1) 1

LOL this team is an absolute roller coaster.

All credit to Comrie and the Sabres today. They plodded through and found a way to win. You can tell Tage isn’t 100% but he gutted it out.

No idea what the last 10 games will look like. Hopefully more like the last two days. I hope Levi gets in at some point and shows strongly.

16 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Nobody plays more boring hockey than the Islanders. 

Some sort of poetic justice maybe for Kyle to score the late winner. Good for him. 

So this was good. They usually struggle against this sort of hockey but they found a way to plod their way through it. That's what it takes to win in this league. You don't get to play the way you prefer every night and you have to adapt to what you face. Some definite positives here. 

In all fairness, I thought the Isles were overmatched defensively? Routinely got beat on the rush, caught chasing us in their zone, and generally were a step behind, all night.

If not for Varlamov, this could easily have been 6-0, and noone would bat an eyebrow. Outstanding game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

They said that Comrie is the first goalie in the modern era to pitch a shutout after allowing ten goals. Doesn't seem like there would be a lot of those instances either so, okay.

Probably because he has the only coach in NHL history that won't pull him after 7 goals against 🙂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.