GDT: Dallas @ Sabres - Mar. 9, 2023, 7:00pm, MSG, ESPN+, & WGR

WhenWillItEnd66

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I'm Actually wondering if this is correct. You shut down the rush and then the Sabres are no threat. 

Not every team can shut it down when we are clicking, but the good ones can.  Coaches copy.  

There is no excuse for the Sabre performance tonight.  Another bad home game. 

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

It's important to sap them of all mental and physical energy. You need the kids to feel like Sisyphus, to turn their joy into bitterness and despair. Or else the future is being compromised 

Personally I’m growing concerned the Sisyphus will fester in this environment 

spreading from player to player 

Edited by Thorny

What would happen to the Oilers if Drai broke his foot and McJesus was so hurt he wasn't anywhere near 100%?

That's essentially where we are at today. As I said in the last GameDay thread Dahlin was clearly in a lot of pain and moving very slow and gingerly. One time when he was sent to the box live you could see he was struggling to skate over he was hurting so bad.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, CallawaySabres said:

No way in hell Dahlin sticks around with this mess…why would he?

Everyone has their breaking point. Perpetual rebuilding has to be demoralizing. Wanting to build from within sounds great, until it takes forever and the players get sick of it and start wondering whether they're wasting their prime years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

Teams are also playing Tage a little tighter

Islanders did not leave him alone, they showed replays of them passing him off from man to man as Tage moved around to get open.  

Having another big presence with speed, like Tuch, really gives Tage some room.  

8 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Who watches these games sober?!

I start out that way. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.