Rasmus Dahlin for Norris, 2023

LGR4GM

The Sabres season ended on Feb 28th vs the Panthers when Dahlin was cross-checked and hit his head on the cross bar. 
he missed the next couple of games and hasn’t been the same since

Theyve had a couple of decent games since then but have only won 4 games including losses to Columbus and Philly and getting their doors blown off twice by Boston and once by Dallas 

I said early in the season that Dahlin was the guy they could least afford to lose followed by Thompson and Samuelsson 

having Dahlin playing hurt and Samuelsson out puts this teams defence at tank level. Add on the  mediocre to abysmal goaltending …. Yikes  

13 hours ago, Thorny said:

Makar making a charge. 3 points yesterday, Morrissey with a couple as well. I’d honestly give it to Makar over him and Karlsson as he actually plays D. But those are prob the nominations and I think Karlsson has it locked up 

When Makar is healthy, in my opinion he's the best D in the NHL and it's not really close. Not quite the McDavid vs. everyone else gap, but it's significant.  

Given the relative trajectories this season, even with 13 games missed due to injury Makar will surely finish ahead of Dahlin in the voting.  

Avs defense is so deep Makar is never saddled with a Bryson or Clague. It pisses me off how Granato has handled the situation. 

12 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I don’t think he was ever going to win. Karlsson will get it but what is disappointing is he’s playing, and has likely already played himself out of a nomination altogether.

I think Dahlin could've had a very strong case for #1 if he topped 90 points with the Sabres making up 30 points in the standings and making the playoffs this season. Especially since Karlsson's epic season might end with a Bedard pick.

But it's moot at this point. Dahlin (and the team's) fade means he'll be lucky to get a nomination as a finalist. Top 10 though.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

I think Dahlin could've had a very strong case for #1 if he topped 90 points with the Sabres making up 30 points in the standings and making the playoffs this season. Especially since Karlsson's epic season might end with a Bedard pick.

But it's moot at this point. Dahlin (and the team's) fade means he'll be lucky to get a nomination as a finalist. Top 10 though.

Very true..

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

So you want to continue developing players for other teams and trading them away 

I didnt say that's what I want, but it's reality. If they can't extend him this summer they can't risk him walking for nothing. If I'm Dahlin I wait to see the market rather than hitching my career to this crap wagon but who knows, maybe they can convince him. Let's be honest, if it's NOT done this summer it's only because Dahlin doesn't want to sign. I don't like Adams but I don't think he's THAT incompetent.

12 minutes ago, Contempt said:

If they don't get him extended over the summer they have to trade him.

I just can’t 

7 minutes ago, Contempt said:

I didnt say that's what I want, but it's reality. If they can't extend him this summer they can't risk him walking for nothing. If I'm Dahlin I wait to see the market rather than hitching my career to this crap wagon but who knows, maybe they can convince him. Let's be honest, if it's NOT done this summer it's only because Dahlin doesn't want to sign. I don't like Adams but I don't think he's THAT incompetent.

You know the difference between UFA and RFA? 

1 hour ago, Contempt said:

This is 100% false. Rasmus Dahlin is a restricted free agent. 

1 hour ago, Sidc3000 said:

Yes but what if a team give him an offer Adams refuses to give… then he walks 🤷‍♂️

And the Sabres get 4 guest first round picks. It is not happening so I wouldn't worry about it. 

Hughes, Hamilton leap Dahlin in D scoring race. Dahlin currently tied for 5th with Fox. With Makar charging and closing in, 2 points back in 10 less games played, mostly at this point I guess I just hope Dahlin stays ahead of Heiskanen, for 7th? Haha, tracking it at that point has probably lost it’s luster

Edited by Thorny

Karlsson isn’t just ahead of Dahlin in points, he’s even ahead of Thompson. Frankly a remarkable season and he deserves the Norris regardless of the rest

no issue giving him props at this point 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

Karlsson isn’t just ahead of Dahlin in points, he’s even ahead of Thompson. Frankly a remarkable season and he deserves the Norris regardless of the rest

no issue giving him props at this point 

Totally agree with you.  Considering this is the first time in almost 3 seasons that Erik looks like himself again.  Doing that on a terrible team, where often most nights he's carrying them is so damn impressive.  He's a world class athlete.  He deserves the Norris and should get Ted Lindsay votes.

That being said, I still prefer Dahlin's overall game.  His tenacity, and his physicality have shown up this year.  He's got snarl, and we need that in the worst way.

Edited by Rasmus_
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Dahlin is not one of the three finalists 

Bummer.  That statistical slide he went on after getting injured on the Florida trip near the AS break really took the wind out of his sails.  He was getting hyped hard before that. 

Hopefully he gets it next year.