GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ Boston Bruins 3/2/2023 MSG 7 PM

bob_sauve28

5 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I know, hence why I said they haven't been good enough this week.

Sometimes your the bug, sometimes your the windshield, in our Sabres case, we've been the bug for 11 years now, what's 1 more year.......

In 2 years - it will be 55 years without a Stanley Cup.  

And 60 years without a Super Bowl.  

This city is cursed.   

Edited by Second Line Center
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

If you would of told me as a kid this is how the Sabres would turn out in my middle aged years I would of not believed you. How can we be this embarrassing for this long? What have they done to this franchise? 

Pegula made the choice to tear it down and put people around him that didn't know how to build a hockey team combined with Pegulas impatience creating a revolving door of those same people. That's why we have endured this pain. And I'm not going to make excuses for Pegula, but he was a huge fan, you know he sees this and feels as we do, but he doesn't have the luxury of emotional outbursts. Although, after 4 yrs or so, he should have.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

This city is cursed.   

And ticket prices have been raised for both teams for next season. How much longer are fans gonna keep paying for this crap? At least the Bills can make it to the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

Pegula made the choice to tear it down and put people around him that didn't know how to build a hockey team combined with Pegulas impatience creating a revolving door of those same people. That's why we have endured this pain. And I'm not going to make excuses for Pegula, but he was a huge fan, you know he sees this and feels as we do, but he doesn't have the luxury of emotional outbursts. Although, after 4 yrs or so, he should have.

I can’t disagree. We are the armpit of the NHL. We are the Detroit Lions. It literally never changes. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Second Line Center said:

This city is cursed.   

Feels that way doesn't it.

Buffalo does one thing really well, it creates a population of thick skinned people. Weather, sports, economic, if you were born and raised here, if you decided to call this area home, you get thick skinned or you leave or mentally lose your chit. It's either that or you join the rest of us with liver's of steel 🤣 

I've been telling people for 2 weeks....I don't think the playoff invoice is coming and I wouldn't pay for it anyway.

What would I be paying for? The five minutes of cheerleading before Game 3 and then the puck drops and Bruins will mop the ice with the Sabres on their way to a sweep.....NO THANKS KEVIN

Edited by KC Scouts

2 hours ago, KC Scouts said:

Lots of people said "We need to play relevant games in March" ...I didn't envision getting our ***** kicked in them

I prefer being in the playoff race and learning these lessons now.  Tonight our coach got schooled, hopefully he learned a few things.    

Granato killed the last 5:50 of 5his game when he pulled the goalie and basically invited an ENG.  Then he did it again on a PP with 4:20 left.  Could have been 3-2 with a goal there and no ENGs on us.  Instead it’s  5-1 and game over. 

You can’t pull your goalie on Boston for longer than 2 minutes. 

Edited by Pimlach

Just now, Taro T said:

Umm, when did the Sabres enter the league?  (Hit, it wasn't 1960.)

Chill Lol - I was doing quick math new new math in my head for two teams; I caught my mistake made the edit.  

I know the history of these 2 franchises inside and out.  

The Bills blew their Allen rookie contract window.  

The Sabres are asking us to wait a few more years.  It’s fine I understand what KA is doing.

But dam.  One!  Can we get one friggin title?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.