GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ Boston Bruins 3/2/2023 MSG 7 PM

bob_sauve28

4 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Probably the greatest commentary on whether or not Adams is addressing the defence too slowly, or at a reasoned pace: 

If you are able to trade *Josh Bloom* for a guy who lines up on your top pair the next game, when you are in a playoff fight, and you have *checks notes* one injury on D...you should have already had a better option 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I find the worst ways to learn the final score when watching the game on replay. I open texts, read emails, turn on the TV and see the score. Tonight I went to sabres.com toward the end of the second with the game scoreless to seek more info on streaming games. Who woulda thunk they'd have the final score? I couldn't believe my eyes. I still can't. UPL was awesome. To that point anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I find the worst ways to learn the final score when watching the game on replay. I open texts, read emails, turn on the TV and see the score. Tonight I went to sabres.com toward the end of the second with the game scoreless to seek more info on streaming games. Who woulda thunk they'd have the final score? I couldn't believe my eyes. I still can't. UPL was awesome. To that point anyway.

I don't know what the final score was, but it was 3-0.

That penalty that changed the game and tells us all we need to know about MFTs.

I will bet money that Boston gets an early exit in the playoffs.

Edited by SwampD

7 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I don't know what the final score was, but it was 3-0.

That penalty that changed the game and tells us all we need to know about MFTs.

I will bet money that Boston gets an early exit in the playoffs.

Which penalty?

14 minutes ago, SwampD said:

The one that UPL got for making a save. Duh.

Thanks. I did a lot of FFing after finding out the final score.

The call was borderline since Pasta was already going off balance. But UPL finished him off with a lift of his big goalie stick. Coulda been tripping and diving/embellishment.

Whatever the case I don't think it was the defining moment of the game or any evidence of MFT status. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

The call was borderline since Pasta was already going off balance. But UPL finished him off with a lift of his big goalie stick. Coulda been tripping and diving/embellishment.

Whatever the case I don't think it was the defining moment of the game or any evidence of MFT status. 

I thought with Pastas embellishment the only call was both guys to the box. But that meltdown had little to do with UPLs trip on Pasta. The team threw in the towel and I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen this years team do that. 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Second Line Center said:

In 2 years - it will be 55 years without a Stanley Cup.  

And 60 years without a Super Bowl.  

This city is cursed.   

or we just suck

7 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Pegula made the choice to tear it down and put people around him that didn't know how to build a hockey team combined with Pegulas impatience creating a revolving door of those same people. That's why we have endured this pain. And I'm not going to make excuses for Pegula, but he was a huge fan, you know he sees this and feels as we do, but he doesn't have the luxury of emotional outbursts. Although, after 4 yrs or so, he should have.

I'm a huge fan too, doesn't mean I know how to run a sports team

So, thoughts on the 1/2 of the game that managed to stomach through:

- Refs are pieces of *****. The game was close until they had to start sticking their noses in. That UPL call was utter B/S. That just happened to open the floodgates.

- Stillman: Not a bad first game. Liked what i saw with the small sample size.

- Missing 2 of our top 3 players is this teams death rattle for the playoffs. There is just not enough talent left to overcome our rough schedule. 

- If we are going to miss the playoffs, we need to fall far enough to be in on the #1 pick. (Not that i do not think that is going to happen anyways!) 

- Plan or no plan, This is on KA. We were that close and he had the opportunity, and unless he takes a swing today, he blew it. You cannot win a cup unless you make the playoffs. We are there right now, but help is needed!!!

- Krebs: Love his game!!! Now one of my favorite players! Love that he plays hard against anyone!! Not afraid to hit and be a pest. This team needs another just like him.

Not a bad first 1/2 of the game and then until the last 5 when this team threw up all over themselves. We are not even in the same universe as the top teams. We were shown our place! 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Stormcloudmember66 said:

- Refs are pieces of *****. The game was close until they had to start sticking their noses in. That UPL call was utter B/S. That just happened to open the floodgates.

- Missing 2 of our top 3 players is this teams death rattle for the playoffs. There is just not enough talent left to overcome our rough schedule. 

- If we are going to miss the playoffs, we need to fall far enough to be in on the #1 pick. (Not that i do not think that is going to happen anyways!) 

- Plan or no plan, This is on KA. We were that close and he had the opportunity, and unless he takes a swing today, he blew it. You cannot win a cup unless you make the playoffs. We are there right now, but help is needed!!!

- Krebs: Love his game!!! Now one of my favorite players! Love that he plays hard against anyone!! Not afraid to hit and be a pest. This team needs another just like him.

Not a bad first 1/2 of the game and then until the last 5 when this team threw up all over themselves. We are not even in the same universe as the top teams. We were shown our place! 

The fact that Krebs out-Marchanded that big beak punk was glorious.  Brad came up high in the head/neck area with a cross check, refs didn’t bother to call anything, Peyton immediately takes serious exception to it and gives it back x2.  

How long has Marchand been a thorn in our side?  10-12 years?  Not once can I remember a player like Krebs so decisively act to give him what he gives out.  Let alone give it back harder.  Please bring in more players with this mindset.  Too many years of players getting run and after the whistle shenanigans that are never responded to.  Krebs is quickly becoming THE fan favorite. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1

26 minutes ago, inkman said:

The fact that Krebs out-Marchanded that big beak punk was glorious.  Brad came up high in the head/neck area with a cross check, refs didn’t bother to call anything, Peyton immediately takes serious exception to it and gives it back x2.  

How long has Marchand been a thorn in our side?  10-12 years?  Not once can I remember a player like Krebs so decisively act to give him what he gives out.  Let alone give it back harder.  Please bring in more players with this mindset.  Too many years of players getting run and after the whistle shenanigans that are never responded to.  Krebs is quickly becoming THE fan favorite. 

Marchand was getting a penalty. Krebs retaliated costing the Sabres a PP in a must win. Did it get UPL fired up enough to put his own stick to Pasternak seconds later leading to a 4 on 3 goal to break the scoreless tie?

Edited by PASabreFan

46 minutes ago, Stormcloudmember66 said:

What do you mean precisely? Fall to 10th or fall to bottom 5? What are you hoping they do if they miss the playoffs?

I tried the game off at a little more than half way through the 3rd at 3-0. The Sabre’s had clearly given up so I was going to spend some time with the Mrs. 

My jaw dropped when I saw 7-1. 

I’ve been high on this team making the post season for some time. They were scoring a ton. Playing fun hockey. Their plus minus was through the roof and their lower play was elite.

Theres a lot to be excited about, but they’ve been missing something post ASG. I’m not sure they find their way into the playoffs anymore. 

8 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Did you watch the game? 

32 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What do you mean precisely? Fall to 10th or fall to bottom 5? What are you hoping they do if they miss the playoffs?

That if we are not going to make the playoffs (Highly likely) that we fall enough to at least have a shot at top pick. Strong draft get a good pick. If we are not going to make the playoffs, might as well pick high! All i am saying.... LOL

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.