GDT: Blue Jackets @ Sabres - Feb. 28, 2023, 7:30pm, ESPN+/Hulu ๐Ÿ“บ, WGR ๐Ÿ“ป

LGR4GM

Olofsson is the most frustrating player on this team. He has to be the streakiest guy in the NHL. Heโ€™ll rip off 5-6 goals in 8 games then disappear for 2 months. Worst part is when he isnโ€™t finding the back of the net, he adds basically nothing.

Edited by HumanSlinky39
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

So we wasted our best goalie, losing to the worst team ever in the conference, because the Sabres decided to not play until the 3rd period.ย 

And without the Sabres' best player. ย There's a chance Dahlin could play Thursday. ย Anderson tonight made no sense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

No chance against Boston, who is one fire, with 2 key players out and swiss cheese goaltending backed by a porous defense.

Other than that Mama Cass how was the ham sammy?

Just now, Pimlach said:

Married At First Sight Love GIF by Lifetime

Peterborough summer of 36.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

So we wasted our best goalie, losing to the worst team ever in the conference, because the Sabres decided to not play until the 3rd period.ย 
ย 

UPL or Comrie against Bahston ?ย 

Ugh. Sophieโ€™s choice. UPL, Sharks aside, has been BRUTAL since the Break. Comrie has been only slightly less offensive. Maybe they have a miracle up their arse, but I donโ€™t have high hopes for that one without Tuch and (I assume) Dahlin.

Edited by HumanSlinky39

23 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

image.png.a28e56f7a632ee6c3f50a5d1fe3a3443.png

The crowd was going bonkers with 58 to go because the Sabres had control and shot it in and... pod.

Still don't get it, but a Seinfeld reference means you are definitely a grownup,โ€ฆ well, maybe.

ย 

I agree that not pulling the goalie a lot earlier was bad, like, weird bad. I, um, think I get your reference, now.

Edited by SwampD
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Scoreboard around the NHL could not have been any worse tonight. Buffalo is falling out of it again.

They wonโ€™t fall out of it after one game. ย But the schedule gets harder now.ย 

• Like (+1) 1

I came across this post from a leafs fan on FB ย 

such a typlcal fan of them

โ€œIve never seen a man take a team and essentially build a power house.ย 
Name after name after name, yet when they dont produce come playoff time, its all on Dubas. โ€œ

Built a powerhouse that canโ€™t win in the playoffs

not really much of a powerhouse then is it?!!!! ย ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

During the late minutes of the game, the Toronto crowd kept chanting, "We want Punch, we want Punch," and Reggie Fleming, one of the Sabres' players, removed Imlach's hat and waved it to the crowd. In the stands, Imlach's wife Dodo was making more noise than the other 16,353 people. "She told me she would cause a commotion if we won," Punch said.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Well you don't make the playoffs with efforts like that.ย 

Last 15 minutes or so we decided to skate and if we'd played the whole game like that we'd have won easily, but we didn't. Flat, low event garbage for the first 2 periods. hard to believe they could drop off from the Washington game that much at this time of the year. I guess you blame the coaches and/or leadership for not drilling it in to them that you have to show up in this league every night and against everybody. Rubbish. Just plain rubbish. So disappointing.ย 

They should put Peterka onto the first PP unit instead of VO until Dahlin comes back.ย 

I'm also really hoping they take Bryson out if they play Stillman but watch, they'll sit Clague instead.ย 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.