GDT: Blue Jackets @ Sabres - Feb. 28, 2023, 7:30pm, ESPN+/Hulu 📺, WGR 📻

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Come on Spooner, need more grit. 

Ok I am going full @Sidc3000

THIS TEAM SUCKS ON D AND WE HAVE 2 #1 overall D men. Blow it up. Trade everyone- TOTAL REBUILD NEEDED! 

Fire Granato & KA - hire Marty as GM & have Goose come back and be HC so he can put grit into this team (liked he showed v Lucic!!!!).

I am done with this Motley Crue! 

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The Sabres are not skating tonight, not shooting, and they are physically not up to it.  They are far superior in talent, but tonight they can’t get into the slot or near the net.   Defensively they want no part of “touching” the opponent, so they are not getting to the puck.   They are taking a night off. 

The reason Anderson is in there is to secure the 2 point in case of a let down.  But this let down is so widespread that he can’t stop it. 

One more period.  The Sabres are good enough to win this game. I want them to make me retract this. 

1 minute ago, jad1 said:

They have lost games like this with Dahlin in the lineup.

Only one other game this bad this year, at home versus Philly. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Pimlach said:

The Sabres are not skating tonight, not shooting, and they are physically not up to it.  They are far superior in talent, but tonight they can’t get into the slot or near the net.   Defensively they want no part of “touching” the opponent, so they are not getting to the puck.   They are taking a night off. 

The reason Anderson is in there is to secure the 2 point in case of a let down.  But this let down is so widespread that he can’t stop it. 

One more period.  The Sabres are good enough to win this game. I want them to make me retract this. 

This dog water effort on home ice is an issue and it needs to be fixed. Who was out until 4am last night and who wasn't?

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

*****-a-doodle-doo!

As for the game, I say the same thing every time they play bad.  HCDG doesn't use his left thumb correctly on the game controller.

Seriously, games like this are a gut check for the young guys.  They have to let it all out to tie this thing up in the 3rd.

1 minute ago, Spoonman said:

THIS TEAM SUCKS ON D AND WE HAVE 2 #1 overall D men. Blow it up. Trade everyone- TOTAL REBUILD NEEDED! 

Fire Granato & KA - hire Marty as GM & have Goose come back and be HC so he can put grit into this team (liked he showed v Lucic!!!!).

YA!!! What they said

And trade to bring back Doug Allen to!!! 👉 

5ef276d53e1a4.image.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

Come to the dark side 

darth vader fist shake GIF

Just now, Scottysabres said:

YA!!! What they said

And trade to bring back Doug Allen to!!! 👉 

5ef276d53e1a4.image.jpg

Jimmy Fallon Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Maybe they turn their next homestand into a road trip. Go stay in a hotel as a team. Bus in on a visitor's schedule. Have PHam ask them where they ate dinner the night before. Do something so that they aren't flat.

Bus in about 6000 fans to make it look like they have support.

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

One of the best Sabres I’ve ever watched was in March of 2007, the Sabres were down to the Leafs 4-1 with 16 minutes left and then came back to win. We can do it 

I think afinigenov had 3 goals

Just now, Eleven said:

WTF is this...

Stupidity. 

7 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Only one other game this bad this year, at home versus Philly. 

Montreal, Vancouver, Arizona

24 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

Don’t look now Ottawa is slowly creeping up too and most likely will make a move to their defense.

By contrast....Ottawa was on the outside looking in.  They have a critical 2 games against the Wings at home on consecutive nights.  Their season may depend on the 2 games against the Wings.  Fast forward to tonight....they slaughtered the "hot" wings last night and are cleaning their clocks again tonight.  This is a good example of a team playing with desperation at home....meanwhile in Buffalo....yawn.

Edited by Carmel Corn

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

You spelled Jokiharju wrong 

I'm glad you said that. What is his strength? What does he bring to the table? Youth? Fundamentally OK?

Who are his comparables? What's his ceiling?

I don't dislike him, but I just don't know what he gives you.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.