GDT: Capitals @ Sabres - Feb. 26, 2023, 1pm, MSG, WGR

Mustache of God

52 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Wayyy to much pessimism in here. sabres and UPL are gonna come out slamming this period.

Also, what's the point of having Rasmus Asplund on the team as a 13th forward if you play a Rochester call up over him?

There was a much higher likelihood of Asplund getting claimed had he been waived.  Asplund may possibly be part of the future.  Hinostroza won't be back next year.

Now that Hinostroza is back up, if they don't bring in a F this week, after Tuch is back might take Peterka's spot in the lineup.  They weren't going to demote Peterka back to the A, but now that they have a player that might bring more than him on the roster, JJ might find himself in the pressbox for a game or 2.

10 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

I always thought of that as a young person chant. 

Well, the person/people who originated it may have been young at one point, but they are still alive, they are all senior citizens at this point, so it's very much an old person’s chant now. 

45 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

Cross checked into crossbar & net last game. Day x Day.

The announcement that he was day to day said he'd been playing through an injury.  Expect it was more of an issue from the Paul crosscheck the night before.  (Though the Verhaegae cross check certainly didn't help.) 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Did you see the Mitts turnover?   I don’t like the pass back part.  Not without Dahlin. Go Forward, into the Caps zone and forecheck. 

Nope. It's NHL network. All I've got is occasional radio as I wander past about doing chores. I left at 3-2 and got back and it was 6-2. I'm oblivious to all the garbage in the final minutes of the 2nd. I'm living in a world where the Sabres will win handily in the third.

Out of curiosity: was it a drop-back or poor pass in the o-zone? Because I'm saying you can rifle it back to a D behind the Sabres net (Power, Joker) and wait for them to try their forecheck again and start another rush.

Just now, Night Train said:

Opponents will continue to run the Sabres until they can't.

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

Nope. It's NHL network. All I've got is occasional radio as I wander past about doing chores. I left at 3-2 and got back and it was 6-2. I'm oblivious to all the garbage in the final minutes of the 2nd. I'm living in a world where the Sabres will win handily in the third.

Out of curiosity: was it a drop-back or poor pass in the o-zone? Because I'm saying you can rifle it back to a D behind the Sabres net (Power, Joker) and wait for them to try their forecheck again and start another rush.

No look drop back pass to no one, D was going for a change.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

He was entering the O-Zone with Krebs, the D were changing behind and Mittelstadt just whipped it backwards to nobody rather than chip it deep

• Thanks (+1) 1

If the Sabres don't trade UPL, I'd send him down to the Amerks. This kid needs to be shaken up to play 60 minutes. I honestly don't think he has it in him, although I've been wrong before. (seldom) I just have no confidence in him. I really think Buffalo has to bring a different goalie to the organization at the trade deadline. Vejmelka is my choice.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.