GDT: Sabres @ Lightning, Feb 23, 2023, 7:00 pm; MSG WGR

Captain Caveman

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

So who the heck starts in net against Florida? 

UPL.

11 minutes ago, Sabres73 said:

Not sure if anyone noticed, but we're above the Caps in the standings now. And like someone mentioned, a win tomorrow puts us in the #2 wildcard spot

The win tomorrow needs to be in regulation to move into 8th.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Apparently, I made a mistake of who said what in a prior post. So I apologize for that inaccurate claim.  It could have been @LGR4GMwho noted that Mitts was lazy in getting back to the net. If it wasn't him, then, again, I apologize for the inaccurate attribution. Fortunately, I have a lot of apologizes stuffed in my bulging pockets when needed because I'm so often wrong. So I will simply say that I thought he was slack in getting back to the bench at a critical time. 

No need to apologize. Look at it like one in the bank for the next time I rip on Mitts for something he did wrong. And make no mistake, I will be ripping him about something, that’s for sure. He’s like clockwork.

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

Apparently, I made a mistake of who said what in a prior post. So I apologize for that inaccurate claim.  It could have been @LGR4GMwho noted that Mitts was lazy in getting back to the net. If it wasn't him, then, again, I apologize for the inaccurate attribution. Fortunately, I have a lot of apologizes stuffed in my bulging pockets when needed because I'm so often wrong. So I will simply say that I thought he was slack in getting back to the bench at a critical time. 

It was Mitts getting off late but Taro's point about he wasn't suppose to change is valid. 

• Thanks (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And if they lose tomorrow, it'll be beyond doom and gloom, and if they win, it'll be even more overjoyed than tonight.

lol yes. If they win tomorrow, i think they'll be entering Sunday's game with as much buzz as they've had since the last time they made the playoffs. And they're wearing the black jerseys. The arena would be wild Sunday if they win tomorrow. And this town would be buzzzin Friday night and Saturday. This race would seem a bit more real if they can win tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And if they lose tomorrow, it'll be beyond doom and gloom, and if they win, it'll be even more overjoyed than tonight.

Sometimes the car you are in is up; and sometimes it will be down. The best advice is to hold and hang on until the conclusion of the ride. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=roller+coasters&rlz=1C1SQJL_enUS802US802&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi6-MfTmq39AhUGE1kFHe8EDrgQ0pQJegQIBhAC&biw=1797&bih=896&dpr=1#imgrc=iZUA5n2MZRGQ7M

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I can’t wait to get home and watch the game.  

Although the show we saw “Tina” was awesome. Anyone here who likes Tina Turner should get tickets and see the show.  Best ending ever for a Broadway type show.

Ike ends up with his chicklets knocked out for kicking the snot out of her when they were married?

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I can’t wait to get home and watch the game.  

Although the show we saw “Tina” was awesome. Anyone here who likes Tina Turner should get tickets and see the show.  Best ending ever for a Broadway type show.

I saw I and Tina a long time ago. It was a great show. Tina was fantastic----Ike was unnecessary. 

13 minutes ago, Two or less said:

lol yes. If they win tomorrow, i think they'll be entering Sunday's game with as much buzz as they've had since the last time they made the playoffs. And they're wearing the black jerseys. The arena would be wild Sunday if they win tomorrow. And this town would be buzzzin Friday night and Saturday. This race would seem a bit more real if they can win tomorrow.

I’m not convinced.   I hope you are right though.  This team deserves the support 

“Lyubushkin's goal was his first of the season, first as a member of the Sabres, the first shorty of his career and his first-ever overtime winner.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Believer said:

“Lyubushkin's goal was his first of the season, first as a member of the Sabres, the first shorty of his career and his first-ever overtime winner.”

The Making of a Memory…

3 hours ago, Pimlach said:

No SOGs in 8 minutes.  Lots of over passing and lots of missing the net. 

Tampa fans wanted a penalty, like you can’t check a guy with the puck.  Lol. How long have they had a team now?  

Well, it's stenciled in at center ice.  So they should know.. we should all know. 🙂 30 years.

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

If Dahlin did that on purpose I will falloo him and then LGR.

This is your best post ever on here.... and it's not even close.  (and I hate using that phrase, but this post was that good.)

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Peanut Butter Shortie Time!

Peanut Butter Dancing GIF

You were a bit premature, but I like the enthusiasm.

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

This game feels rigged, unacceptable 

It was... but not how you think.

56 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

No post game wrap up for us ESPN customers😞

This is super unfortunate because in the post game you'd hear Tage Thompson say the he wished Boosh's goal was at home so we could hear his song. These guys know.

52 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Lyubushkin's 1st Game Winner ever.

25% of his goals are game winners?  I'll take it!

Look, I went absolutely bat shite over the non-call on Cernak. So much so that my daughter texted out to my wife from her bedroom - "Does Dad kiss his mother on the cheek with that mouth?"  Fair enough.

Boosh scoring the OT GWG, shorthanded after being on the ice for 1:41... are you kidding?  In other threads I commented on why I'm not going to get down on the team...this is why.  Yeah.. they got problems.. a few.. but that goal was pretty damn awesome... especially after they gave up 2 goals they shouldn't have.

Bring on the Panthers... or something.

Edited by LTS
forgot my response tp Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Need to get VO off the Cozens line. Peterka, too. Poor Cozens has been saddled with two rookies most of the season only to inherit VO. Not sure Donny Meatballs has many options though. 

Unless Adams trades for a stud power forward on the last day of the deadline. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.