Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

32 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

No sufficient emoji response @Scottysabres. What you are doing is simply fantastic. I hope you and your step-dad have an awesome and memorable day. (Weather aside).

Thanks JOP, he tried to shovel money at me this morning. I told him no, this is from the heart......in not just memory of mom, my die hard Sabres and bills fan mentor, but Steve lost 1 dog last December, mom in June and had to put down the other dog a month ago. He's alone in that house now, and I promised mom, he would never feel alone. So this is for Steve, but also to honor my moms wishes. I never want someone to feel alone, ever.

(Love ya mom, miss ya, but I'll make sure he has a blast....P.S. I may get him a bit schnockered up, so laugh away mom, laugh away 😀 )

• Awesome! (+1) 3

On 1/11/2024 at 9:35 AM, That Aud Smell said:

Yep. All the talk about "yo, this is Buffalo, we're built for this sort of weather" is nonsense. At least insofar as this team is concerned. And probably insofar as the NFL is concerned generally. The winter weather talk made for a good Steve Tasker cigar-smoking hype video. But this is a passing league. The Bills are a passing team. We would have been better served by a climate-controlled facility. I just don't think the economics worked.

Not to start this topic up again, but when I watch football, I want to watch the game. I want to see the players perform at their absolute best. I want to see the fast guys run fast, I want to see the great QB's make great passes...stuff like that.  The bad weather games?  They might be fun to look at for a minute, but to me seeing high paid athletes fall all over, trudge through snow, slide on a frozen or muddy field?  Not for me.  When people say the bad weather games are "real football"  um..no....see my above few lines to see how I feel about that.

With that said...where would you rather play as a player? Where would you rather attend as a fan? 

Clear sky night game but temps below zero and wind chills -20 or worse

OR.....

Afternoon game...Temps in the mid 20's  but wind gust 40-50 (MPH) and the possibility for moderate to heavy snow before and during the game?

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Bills Game moved to Monday at 4:30 

If it had to be done, it had to be done. But that is going to be a huge competitive disadvantage for the winner.

The team that the Bills (or Steelers) will play next week will have 1-2 days more to prepare, to rest..etc.

Really early look at Monday 4:30pm weather....18 degrees at kickoff, wind chill at 6 degrees....still kinda windy 10-15mph, but no where near as bad as tomorrow would be.  Chance of light snow (2-3 inches for the whole day in Orchard Park on Monday).

32 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Son of a bitch, I have to work on Monday. I bought tickets, cold weather gear, food for tailgating and so on......

After all your thoughtful preparations for the game, I see a 24-hour flu bug in your future, starting at about 8AM Monday. Just be sure to cough a lot (for added effect) when you make the phone call in.

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

If it had to be done, it had to be done. But that is going to be a huge competitive disadvantage for the winner.

The team that the Bills (or Steelers) will play next week will have 1-2 days more to prepare, to rest..etc.

2 days. Both other AFC Wild Card games are today.

35 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

After all your thoughtful preparations for the game, I see a 24-hour flu bug in your future, starting at about 8AM Monday. Just be sure to cough a lot (for added effect) when you make the phone call in.

What’s funny about this is my boss doesn’t even want a phone call. A text is all she needs.  That would be an easy text to send.  

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Thanks JOP, he tried to shovel money at me this morning. I told him no, this is from the heart......in not just memory of mom, my die hard Sabres and bills fan mentor, but Steve lost 1 dog last December, mom in June and had to put down the other dog a month ago. He's alone in that house now, and I promised mom, he would never feel alone. So this is for Steve, but also to honor my moms wishes. I never want someone to feel alone, ever.

(Love ya mom, miss ya, but I'll make sure he has a blast....P.S. I may get him a bit schnockered up, so laugh away mom, laugh away 😀 )

This is a wonderful and heartwarming post. You have a big warm heart. 💙

• Like (+1) 1