Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

1 hour ago, inkman said:

So much for the hot seat 🤷‍♂️

They can always be canned if the owner so desires.  

Am very happy to have them both locked up long term.  Anybody else remember how John Butler's last season in Buffalo went?

Ideally want the GM on the payroll for 3 more years and the coach for 2 more years.  Forces them to stay focused on where they are rather than where they might prefer to be.

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

These guys needed a hot seat.  Not a fan of giving them more security at this point.

I'm confused by you bills fans what's the problem with these 2 ? 

They built a juggernaut  From the bottom to becoming one of the most dominant teams in football

Just now, Buffalonill said:

I'm confused by you bills fans what's the problem with these 2 ? 

They built a juggernaut  From the bottom to becoming one of the most dominant teams in football

Buffalo Sabres/Bills:  Always happy with "almost".  In fact, it's rewarded.

Bills: 13 seconds, last year's debacle, team chemistry going downhill, poor drafts, over paying "your" guys to the detriment of the team.  Yep, sounds like extension time!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

Bills: 13 seconds, last year's debacle, team chemistry going downhill, poor drafts, over paying "your" guys to the detriment of the team.  Yep, sounds like extension time!

How is that anybody's fault?  The fact that the team actually still played football after that incident is bravery enough.

Hey I would love for the Buffalo sabres to actually make the playoffs every year and be one of the most dominant teams in the NHL

Edited by Buffalonill
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

How is that anybody's fault?  The fact that the team actually still played football after that incident is bravery enough.

Hey I would love for the Buffalo sabres to actually make the playoffs every year and be one of the most dominant teams in the NHL

I would love a championship.

1 hour ago, Thwomp! said:

I propose a mass ban event when the Bills win the super bowl in the next few years, @SDS

1 hour ago, Thwomp! said:

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I propose a mass ban event when the Bills win the super bowl in the next few years, @SDS

Other than Josh Allen who has Beane drafted that is truly an impact player? Oliver maybe? 13 seconds happened for a ton of coaching related and trying not to lose reasons. The Dawson Knox signing still doesn't make much sense IMPO, I am not convinced Oliver doesn't also edge into this category. The offense last year in the second half was really weird to watch, they looked disconnected. 

This team has never made a superbowl and only made the conference finals 1 time. I would say this is a pretty big season for the coaching staff and gm to prove that this roster isn't flawed and can do more than win in the regular season. Right now the Bills are the Leafs of football. Great regular seasons, but for reasons always seem to have stumbles in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Ban me if McClappy wins a Superbowl with the Bills.  I don't care, but I feel pretty safe in betting that he won't.

22 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Other than Josh Allen who has Beane drafted that is truly an impact player? Oliver maybe? 13 seconds happened for a ton of coaching related and trying not to lose reasons. The Dawson Knox signing still doesn't make much sense IMPO, I am not convinced Oliver doesn't also edge into this category. The offense last year in the second half was really weird to watch, they looked disconnected. 

This team has never made a superbowl and only made the conference finals 1 time. I would say this is a pretty big season for the coaching staff and gm to prove that this roster isn't flawed and can do more than win in the regular season. Right now the Bills are the Leafs of football. Great regular seasons, but for reasons always seem to have stumbles in the playoffs. 

13 seconds was a fireable offense on it's own, and it's been trending downhill since then.  There's some big contracts that aren't looking so good right now.  The whole thing really screams for a rebuild-on-the-fly with a coach who can get it done, but we're gonna settle for "almost". Again.

42 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You guys drafted one of the best duos Linebackers in the game and a Elite CB.

17 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

13 seconds was a fireable offense on it's own, and it's been trending downhill since then.  There's some big contracts that aren't looking so good right now.  The whole thing really screams for a rebuild-on-the-fly with a coach who can get it done, but we're gonna settle for "almost". Again.

It's going to be funny when you guys win the Superbowl.

Man some of you bills fans  Truly know how to overreact

18 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I still don't understand why every team needs to use these stupid movie poster things to announce transactions.  Maybe I'm just getting old.

Constantly relying on a medium with a character limit leads to these stupid things… and many others

Edited by shrader
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

You guys drafted one of the best duos Linebackers in the game and a Elite CB.

Beane was not the GM when they drafted Tre White or Matt Milano. He became GM after the draft was over in 2017. 

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

I still don't understand why every team needs to use these stupid movie poster things to announce transactions.  Maybe I'm just getting old.

Garners more retweets 

- - - 

Its mildly interesting both the Sabres and Bills extended their coach when they still had 2 years remaining on their current deals, no?