Practice Notes 1/30; Thompson, Cozens and Samuelsson Day To Day

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Feel like after the last few years they are really trying to not rush guys back and have tiny issues balloon into bigger ones. 

Yeah, I think it was a smart move by DG to sit them. They probably wanted to play.

Good news that they are at practice, that tells me they are OK and could play vs Carolina.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Feel like after the last few years they are really trying to not rush guys back and have tiny issues balloon into bigger ones. 

Agree.   

Asplund was naturally a bit rusty in place of Cozens but they played well enough as a group to beat Minnesota in regulation (even if they didn't). 

I was surprised that DG did not use Asplund on the PK.  

Edited by Pimlach

• Brawndo changed the title to Practice Notes 1/30; Thompson, Cozens and Samuelsson Day To Day
16 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Agree.   

Asplund was naturally a bit rusty in place of Cozens but they played well enough as a group to beat Minnesota in regulation (even if they didn't). 

I was surprised that GD did not use Asplund on the PK.  

They had IIRC 2 practices in the prior 3 weeks.  Wasn't surprised at all that Asplund, who had almost 0 game style work in weeks didn't get an opportunity on the PK.  To put him into that situation would be setting him up to fail.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The better idea might be to sit them on Wednesday and let them all heal up properly for the stretch run 

They have 10 days off after Wednesday.  I would like to get those two points from Carolina in our building.  I am concerned about a slow start after the All Star break.  

Depending on what is going on with them, I would be playing them Wednesday - Cozens and Muel will have had 5 full days of rest.  Not sure what TnT needs, they are keeping that one quiet.  

Every point is critical now.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

Was this from his blocked shot?

I doubt they will say since it tells us specifics.  He has looked a little bit slower and less involved in recent weeks.  He might have a few nagging issues, most players do by this time of year.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

The better idea might be to sit them on Wednesday and let them all heal up properly for the stretch run 

Unless they are hurt to the extent that playing them Wednesday would set them back, I would play the three listed players. After this game, the players would have more than a week to heal and get physically and mentally restored. Winning a game against one of the top teams at home would give this team a boost going into the last stage of the season. All hands should be on deck!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

30 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Unless they are hurt to the extent that playing them Wednesday would set them back, I would play the three listed players. After this game, the players would have more than a week to heal and get physically and mentally restored. Winning a game against one of the top teams at home would give this team a boost going into the last stage of the season. All hands should be on deck!

Well, 2 of them will have more than a week off.  The other will be a little busy this weekend.

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Well, 2 of them will have more than a week off.  The other will be a little busy this weekend.

There isn't much hitting in an all-star game. It's less than a physically strenuous environment. It's a time and place to enjoy the company of players you have looked up to, and enjoy the food and drink laid out for you. This should be a memorable event for him. Good for him---he deserves the recognition that he has worked so hard for. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

If TNT sits out for the game, do you play Asplund again or recall Vinnie from Rochester? Asplund played 7 minutes on Saturday and that was it.

Or do you recall Jiri "I have no other plans" Kulich and give him a game?

If you call Vinnie up does he have to go through waivers again when you send him back? The Kulich idea is intriguing.

37 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

If TNT sits out for the game, do you play Asplund again or recall Vinnie from Rochester? Asplund played 7 minutes on Saturday and that was it.

Or do you recall Jiri "I have no other plans" Kulich and give him a game?

You'd have to IR Thompson to bring anybody up; or go through the charade of sending one of the kids down to bring Hinostroza back up.  But if Thompson is on IR, he can't play in the ASG.

They aren't IR'ing Tage. 

18 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If you call Vinnie up does he have to go through waivers again when you send him back? The Kulich idea is intriguing.

He only has to go through waivers again if he's in Buffalo 30 days cumulative since being waived or if he plays 10 games cumulative since being waived.  But the issue is likely moot as don't see Thompson getting IR'd.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.