GDT: Philadelphia at Buffalo, 1/9/23, 7pm, MSG, WGR.

Eleven

2 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

it set the tone for the game 

7 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Worst game of the year. Can’t win them all  but…..They should be embarrassed at the lack of effort. 

I think the UPL decision set the tone for the game.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

My God do they look horribly bad tonight. With the red hit Kraken tomorrow to boot? This looks to be shaping up to be a bad bad week for the team. Wonder what the deal is, why the lack of energy across the roster?

My guess is they've become a little overconfident and knew the Flyers have been doo-doo, so they took them pretty lightly. Add in Torts laying into them and they come out and bust their arses.

I'm not gonna overreact, every team has these stinkers.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

My guess is they've become a little overconfident and knew the Flyers have been doo-doo, so they took them pretty lightly. Add in Torts laying into them and they come out and bust their arses.

I'm not gonna overreact, every team has these stinkers.

Could be. I was thinking a little to much post Bills game celebrating 🤣 

Didn't get a chance to watch luckily but heard Paul Hamilton after the 2nd and he said they looked terrible in the first and it was probably their worst period of the year, a little better in the 2nd but have been actively preventing themselves from scoring goals tonight and making a dude who is making his 5th NHL start look like Hasek.

Meanwhile, the Kraken continue to roll tonight. Double edged sword playing them tomorrow night. Good that we have to put this game in the rear view immediately and get a chance to get the bad taste out of our mouths, but bad because it’s against a team we have shown zero ability to compete against previously. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Sending UPL down was bad ju ju.  A bit mystified on that one. No time to cry tough game coming up. 

They didn't actually send him down...it was a "paper move" only for now.  Anderson was getting this start with a back to back coming up.  Basically it bought the Sabres some time so they didn't have to make an actual move until they had to make an actual move. That move likely isn't going to be UPL going back to Rochester, btw.

Edited by matter2003

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.