GDT - Sabres @ Capitals - January 3, 2023 - 7:00 PM (EST) - MSG and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

11 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Upie's stats are not that good.  But he's good to start the game, and at the end of the game he makes the big save to keep the team in it.  He doesn't make all the saves but he makes the timely ones.

We can clean up the play in front of him better too.   

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

Caps broadcasters after game giving high praise to Sabres team.  Said Sabres outplayed Caps.  The only flaw they see is on the back end after the top 3 d.  Gave praise to UPL for battling and making the saves he had to.

They even name-dropped Jokiharju as a big piece coming back for their top 4.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

24 minutes ago, John Tucker said:

Duck Dynasty GIF by DefyTV

I've been wronger morer.

24 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

We can clean up the play in front him better too.   

It would be nice but I'm not sure it's necessary.  He seems to not let it bother him.  He's very zen about it.  If it's going to be fire wagon hockey, he's on board.  Make the saves early, make the big saves late, tell the skaters to push hard and score a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Serves me right for listening to Ray. At least is was our 3rd OT win.

What, are you a glutton for punishment? Actually I don't mind him so much because my expectations are quite low. His back and forth with RJ was better than with Dan.

Edited by grinreaper

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

This is why the Sabres needed to play.  They did not disappoint.  Wins over Boston and now Washington.   Playing tough with the Conference heavyweights.  

All the coincidental "3" stuff is nice too.  

What is interesting, is I was reading comments on a Caps site after the game, and the majority of their fans felt the Sabres are a better team than the Caps. 

A lot of them were happy with the loser point, and even more happy that Ovi got 2 more goals. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.