Trade targets

sweetlou

40 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Wow a healthy scratch and people already have him being shipped out of town. Doubt the Rangers have given up on LaFreniere any more than we've given up on Krebs. 

Change of scenery might do him well, meaning Lafreniere 

Sounds as if they're not giving up him enough minutes which never bodes well for skill guys 

Anywho I wouldn't take a chance on him   

46 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Wow a healthy scratch and people already have him being shipped out of town. Doubt the Rangers have given up on LaFreniere any more than we've given up on Krebs. 

I agree with you…the scuttlebutt is from the frustrated Rangers fanbase and not the organization.  

However, the comp to Krebs is not a good one. The pedigree of 1OA isn’t close to Krebs. I understand the line of thinking…young forward to young forward…but Imagine the Sabres scratching Power halfway through next season. That’s the pedigree of comp to consider (albeit different position). 

Not to mention Laf is getting protected minutes comparable to third liner Barklay Goodrow. It is going very poorly for him. 

How about send Mitts home to Minnesota for Marcus Foligno and a D prospect. I read Minnesota has a deep prospect pool at D, but I don't know enough to propose which one. 

Sabres could really use a guy like Foligno in my opinion. And, strangely enough, I heard from a good source he would be happy to come home. So he'd meet the "wants to be here" requirement. 

34 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I agree with you…the scuttlebutt is from the frustrated Rangers fanbase and not the organization.  

However, the comp to Krebs is not a good one. The pedigree of 1OA isn’t close to Krebs. I understand the line of thinking…young forward to young forward…but Imagine the Sabres scratching Power halfway through next season. That’s the pedigree of comp to consider (albeit different position). 

Not to mention Laf is getting protected minutes comparable to third liner Barklay Goodrow. It is going very poorly for him. 

1OA has a great pedigree.  Yashin, Daigle, & Yakupov all say 'hi.'

😉

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

1OA has a great pedigree.  Yashin, Daigle, & Yakupov all say 'hi.'

😉

Hahaha well sure, there’s that.  But there’s also Ovie, Crosby, and McDavid within the same timeline.  
I’m just saying that 1OA in this era is more can’t miss than previously. And Laf is closer to Yakupov than he is to a stud.  The Rangers have a problem on their hands. 

2 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Hahaha well sure, there’s that.  But there’s also Ovie, Crosby, and McDavid within the same timeline.  
I’m just saying that 1OA in this era is more can’t miss than previously. And Laf is closer to Yakupov than he is to a stud.  The Rangers have a problem on their hands. 

You hope to get 1OA in a year it's a no brainer, but there are still weak years & years where there's a muddle at the top.

Personally find it interesting that the 2 years the Sabres weren't just the worst but also weren't trying to be the worst & they coincidentally won the lottery too they ended up w/ a franchise D-man.  But when they tried to stink, they ended up w/ the 2nd pick & a guy that didn't live up to expectations (for reasons beyond his control).

Total aside: Also found it interesting that Benoit Hogue complained that the Sabres had an anti- French bias even though the 1st 2 times they had #1OA they chose French Canadians & their most famous line was the FRENCH Connection & then shortly after his gripe their highest scoring player ever was an American of French decent.  And Donald Audette did very well here too.  And was brought back to help w/ a playoff run after leaving earlier.  They also had guys like the Sauves & Guevremont & Savard too as big parts of the team.

Maybe they just had a bias against French players that were entitled & sucked?  E.g., Benoit.

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Taro T said:

You hope to get 1OA in a year it's a no brainer, but there are still weak years & years where there's a muddle at the top.

Personally find it interesting that the 2 years the Sabres weren't just the worst but also weren't trying to be the worst & they coincidentally won the lottery too they ended up w/ a franchise D-man.  But when they tried to stink, they ended up w/ the 2nd pick & a guy that didn't live up to expectations (for reasons beyond his control).

Total aside: Also found it interesting that Benoit Hogue complained that the Sabres had an anti- French bias even though the 1st 2 times they had #1OA they chose French Canadians & their most famous line was the FRENCH Connection & then shortly after his gripe their highest scoring player ever was an American of French decent.  And Donald Audette did very well here too.  And was brought back to help w/ a playoff run after leaving earlier.  They also had guys like the Sauves & Guevremont & Savard too as big parts of the team.

Maybe they just had a bias against French players that were entitled & sucked?  E.g., Benoit.

Hogue said anti-French, he didn’t say anti- Québécois.  

37 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Hogue said anti-French, he didn’t say anti- Québécois.  

And, considering how many French heritage players had prominent roles on the Sabres, it's blatantly ridiculous.

Now, an anti-####ty French player bias, pretty sure it was historically there though having Benoit as a key D-man during the tank era shows they got over it for a while. 

48 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And, considering how many French heritage players had prominent roles on the Sabres, it's blatantly ridiculous.

Now, an anti-####ty French player bias, pretty sure it was historically there though having Benoit as a key D-man during the tank era shows they got over it for a while. 

What Benoit are you talking about?

3 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I agree. but you could. I remember McAvoy being scratched a few times early in his career. Sometimes I think it's good to scratch a rookie just to see how he handles it. Does he pout or does he work harder? It can tell you a lot about the individual going forward and how best to develop him. 

But we shall see, he might end up being a bust. Hard to say. 

3 hours ago, TheAud said:

How about send Mitts home to Minnesota for Marcus Foligno and a D prospect. I read Minnesota has a deep prospect pool at D, but I don't know enough to propose which one. 

Sabres could really use a guy like Foligno in my opinion. And, strangely enough, I heard from a good source he would be happy to come home. So he'd meet the "wants to be here" requirement. 

This is a nice dream. 

3 hours ago, Refuting said:

Change of scenery might do him well, meaning Lafreniere 

Sounds as if they're not giving up him enough minutes which never bodes well for skill guys 

Anywho I wouldn't take a chance on him   

It would depend on the price tag. If I remember correctly he had good chemistry with Cozens at the Worlds but that of course means nothing at the NHL level. I would give up one of our 2nds for him and then trade Mitts for a D man. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, TheAud said:

They have a bunch of later round guys that might turn into something. 

Carson Lambos, Jack Peart, Marshall Warren, David Spacek (who's been good at the wjc), and the one we'd want Calen Addison. 

If I'm ranking them (I haven't followed most since the draft so quick stats check is it)

Calen Addison 

Carson Lambos

David Spacek

Jack Peart

Marshmallows Warren

• Like (+1) 1

If I'm Buffalo, Spacek is high on my list because I think he's gonna be nhl ready in 2 years and he's a strong rhd who can hang out with his Czech counterpart Kulich.

Actually the more I think about it the more I want Buffalo to sign Suchanek and trade for Spacek. One is free and I think the other can be part of a trade.

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

If I'm Buffalo, Spacek is high on my list because I think he's gonna be nhl ready in 2 years and he's a strong rhd who can hang out with his Czech counterpart Kulich.

Actually the more I think about it the more I want Buffalo to sign Suchanek and trade for Spacek. One is free and I think the other can be part of a trade.

Czech Mafia.

You can add Rousek as potentially making the Sabres too.

I like what Spacek has done so far, he is a big RHD who can move the puck and contribute offensively.

I am definitely on board with Suchanek, not enough goalies in the pipeline and this kid has won some big games.

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

It would depend on the price tag. If I remember correctly he had good chemistry with Cozens at the Worlds but that of course means nothing at the NHL level. I would give up one of our 2nds for him and then trade Mitts for a D man. 

At this point I would put Lafreniere and even Kakko in the bust category. Theres always the old change of scenery strategy tho  

However if the Sabres only gave up a 2nd round pick for Lafreniere I would not be upset with that 

He could take Mittlestatds spot in the lineup 

I would have traded Middlingstats 3 years ago 

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

They have a bunch of later round guys that might turn into something. 

Carson Lambos, Jack Peart, Marshall Warren, David Spacek (who's been good at the wjc), and the one we'd want Calen Addison. 

If I'm ranking them (I haven't followed most since the draft so quick stats check is it)

Calen Addison 

Carson Lambos

David Spacek

Jack Peart

Marshmallows Warren

I always appreciate your deep knowledge of prospects. 

For me, I was wondering if Spacek is related to former Sabre Jaro Spacek so I used the Google machine and it turns out it's his son! Therefore I support bringing him to Buffalo. 

Likewise, I like Jack Peart's name and when he scores a goal his song can be a Neil Peart drum solo. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Why would buffalo trade for spacek when they could have drafted him for free that just tells me they're not interested. 

11 hours ago, TheAud said:

I always appreciate your deep knowledge of prospects. 

For me, I was wondering if Spacek is related to former Sabre Jaro Spacek so I used the Google machine and it turns out it's his son! Therefore I support bringing him to Buffalo. 

Likewise, I like Jack Peart's name and when he scores a goal his song can be a Neil Peart drum solo. 

I don't honestly have a deep knowledge of these guys. Just know Spacek has been looking good since the draft. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.