Trade targets

sweetlou

4 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I find the Sabres would be taking a risk.

Sabres getting 31 year Foligno, 11 points in 28 games. Dumba may leave. Spacek may not pan out.

VO is a 20G player and could get 30 in the right situation. Mitts could be their 2C and get 50 pts. Johnson is more ready than Spacek.

I used the 2 most expendable guys that we see every day.

So seriously, Mitts can't be our 3C but he can be their2C? You're giving away players of marginal worth, the weakest links on the team, and getting instant impact players back. Spacek also looks potentially very good. and then you want a 2nd on top? I applaud your idea, but it's a fan's wish, not a real possible trade. They like and value Foligno quite a bit. As they should. As we should've. 

9 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

So seriously, Mitts can't be our 3C but he can be their2C? You're giving away players of marginal worth, the weakest links on the team, and getting instant impact players back. Spacek also looks potentially very good. and then you want a 2nd on top? I applaud your idea, but it's a fan's wish, not a real possible trade. They like and value Foligno quite a bit. As they should. As we should've. 

Of course it’s a wish, I’m not KA.

Mitts has TNT and Cozens ahead of him here. Just saying he could be their 2C or 3C.

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

I read the whole article.  Any of the names that interest me as players are either on contracts that have too much term for too much money, or are ancient, or will require too much in return.  No one really jumps up and says, "Pick me!  I'll make the Sabres better!" to Kevyn.

• Agree 1

If I can figure out how to get Dumba and Spacek out of Minnesota and send them Mitts or Olofsson and something else, I think I am on board. Minnesota can't re-sign Dumba and Spacek would be a good toss in. Buffalo could even include a player like Bloom or Kozak to entice Minnesota. Not sure the values but I think Mitts has some value around the league.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

If I can figure out how to get Dumba and Spacek out of Minnesota and send them Mitts or Olofsson and something else, I think I am on board. Minnesota can't re-sign Dumba and Spacek would be a good toss in. Buffalo could even include a player like Bloom or Kozak to entice Minnesota. Not sure the values but I think Mitts has some value around the league.

I think Mitts has some value around the league, and returning to his home could be a spark. We see his every shift and he has become the new Drew Stafford to many of us.

It would be nice if Johnson indicated he would sign with the Wild.

44 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Basically I want David Spacek, recency bias be damned. 

If Russia had been in the WJs we might have seen Komarov. I kind of doubt it because they don’t often take CHL guys and 18 year olds. I would like to get some views on him vs his peers.

He and Spacek are in the Q, Spacek’s offensive numbers are better.

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

If Russia had been in the WJs we might have seen Komarov. I kind of doubt it because they don’t often take CHL guys and 18 year olds. I would like to get some views on him vs his peers.

He and Spacek are in the Q, Spacek’s offensive numbers are better.

We could have seen Novikov too. 

Komarov has improved over last year, eclipsing his points from last year in half the time. That is good because that means progress. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

It’s fun to talk trades but the reality is very few are made these days. Also I really believe GMKA is leery of upsetting the chemistry in the room so to speak. 

This team clearly likes one another and I’m wondering if this is playing a role in the lack of bolstering the lineup? Maybe he will but if he does I see it closer to the deadline to judge where we are at in terms of playoff positioning.

• Like (+1) 1

https://theathletic.com/4086990/2023/01/13/sabres-deadline-trade-board/

10 possible D targets - The Sabres have allowed the 6th most high danger chances per 60 at even strength (Natural stat trick).

1. Chychrun - AZ wants 2 1sts and a prospect - Price likely to steep for KA.

2. Klingberg - Ana wants a 1st plus (according to LeBrun) - price needs to come down for the Sabres to take a chance on a UFA

3. Provorov - Nothing to see here.

4. Gavrikov - UFA - CBJ want a 1st, but only way Buffalo takes that risk is if they can re-sign him.\

5. Dumba - UFA, but off the market while Minn in playoff contention

6. Kulikov - Apparently he is a good stay at home D.  Funny I don't remember him that way.  

7. Edmundson - Makes 3.5 and has one more year left.  Montreal likely to trade.  

8. Gostisbehere - He's allergic to actually playing D.  I don't see an interest

9. Jack Johnson - Not the worst idea.  Stats likely would be better on a better team than Chicago.  Has won a Cup and we could use some veteran leadership at D.

10. Schenn - I wanted him all season.  Physical RHD with Cup wins.  Van allegdly wants a 1st.  Only makes 800K or so.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

https://theathletic.com/4086990/2023/01/13/sabres-deadline-trade-board/

10 possible D targets - The Sabres have allowed the 6th most high danger chances per 60 at even strength (Natural stat trick).

1. Chychrun - AZ wants 2 1sts and a prospect - Price likely to steep for KA.

2. Klingberg - Ana wants a 1st plus (according to LeBrun) - price needs to come down for the Sabres to take a chance on a UFA

3. Provorov - 

4. Gavrikov - UFA - CBJ want a 1st, but only way Buffalo takes that risk is if they can re-sign him.\

5. Dumba - UFA, but off the market while Minn in playoff contention

6. Kulikov - Apparently he is a good stay at home D.  Funny I don't remember him that way.  

7. Edmundson - Makes 3.5 and has one more year left.  Montreal likely to trade.  

8. Gostisbehere - He's allergic to actually playing D.  I don't see an interest

9. Jack Johnson - Not the worst idea.  Stats likely would be better on a better team than Chicago.  Has won a Cup and we could use some veteran leadership at D.

10. Schenn - I wanted him all season.  Physical RHD with Cup wins.  Van allegdly wants a 1st.  Only makes 800K or so.

For now we wait until one shakes down to a 2nd and a 5th. I wouldn’t trade our 1st for any of them at this point.

According to Philly fans Provorov is off the market (again) and is getting in the Tortorella fold.

If Vancouver gets a first for Schenn that would be insane. Yes, he fights and hits people but he's well past it and was never all that good. 

I wouldn't give up this year's first regardless. 2024 sure. Rosen, 2024 first and one of the 2nds we have for Chychrun is a consideration if they'd take it.  

9 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Yes, he fights and hits people but he's well past it and was never all that good. 

Actually Schenn has dramatically improved in recent years.  He never became the offensive player Tor envisioned when they drafted him early, but he rededicated himself to becoming a very good stay at home D and that is what he has become.  He is skating 17-18 minutes a night, has 14 pts in 43 games and is a +5 on a lousy Van team.  He is exactly what are team needs.  He is physical and shoots right like Bush, but adds more offense, is positionally sound and brings Cup winning experience.

I wouldn't give up a 1st for him, but a 2nd and a 3rd in 2024 I would consider.  I'd also give him a two year extension to stick around and teach the kids for to be a pro defenseman.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.