Headed to buffalo

Buffalonill

33 minutes ago, John Tucker said:

We're heading back tonight to enjoy some snow, turkey and family time!  Was even considering catching the Sabres game tomorrow night but cheapest tix I can find are $50.  Crazy.  That will be a hard pass!!  Guess the days of finding $20 tickets in the nosebleeds on Stubhub are long gone!!!

This is an example of why low season ticket base hurts the secondary market and actually helps me sell my tickets. I’ve made a profit on every game I’ve sold this year because I have great seats and they are still cheaper than box office prices.

• Like (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, tom webster said:

This is an example of why low season ticket base hurts the secondary market and actually helps me sell my tickets. I’ve made a profit on every game I’ve sold this year because I have great seats and they are still cheaper than box office prices.

Lost money on the Yotes.  Only one so far this year.  And contrary to the board's expectation, people have still been buying seats even with the losing streak.

22 hours ago, John Tucker said:

I’ve actually been shocked to see as many folks in the stands as there has been.  Albeit mostly in the wrong jersey.  😊

A fun place for visiting teams and therir fans.  This has to change.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

we're headed to our daughter's for American Thanksgiving 

20221122-151045.jpg

so if you see a grumpy old man at Wegmans just toss a snowball in his face trust me i deserve it.

Have a great holiday. 

Bill

So if unprovoked someone throws a snowball at @LGR4GMand breaks his nose you will be at fault? 🤡 

• Haha (+1) 2

On 11/22/2022 at 3:10 PM, Buffalonill said:

we're headed to our daughter's for American Thanksgiving 

20221122-151045.jpg

so if you see a grumpy old man at Wegmans just toss a snowball in his face trust me i deserve it.

Have a great holiday. 

Bill

Now I picture a Canadian version of Red, called Bill.  Tough disciplinarian, yet oblivious to the fact his kid is having sex with the neighbors daughter and smoking weed in his basement.   

Ahhh, the 70's.   

Edited by Pimlach
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, John Tucker said:

We're heading back tonight to enjoy some snow, turkey and family time!  Was even considering catching the Sabres game tomorrow night but cheapest tix I can find are $50.  Crazy.  That will be a hard pass!!  Guess the days of finding $20 tickets in the nosebleeds on Stubhub are long gone!!!

$50 too expensive?? Good thing they show the games on TV.

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

$50 too expensive?? Good thing they show the games on TV.

If you need 4 seats, that's $200 right out of the box.  Throw on a couple of beers & pops & you're talking real money. 

Personally, go to a bunch of games, but that's the bulk of our discretionary spending.  When the kids were young split down to just a handful of games: too expensive & too much time (with dropping the kids off & picking them back up plus driving to + from Buffalo, a game was easily a 7 hour event).

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

If you need 4 seats, that's $200 right out of the box.  Throw on a couple of beers & pops & you're talking real money. 

Personally, go to a bunch of games, but that's the bulk of our discretionary spending.  When the kids were young split down to just a handful of games: too expensive & too much time (with dropping the kids off & picking them back up plus driving to + from Buffalo, a game was easily a 7 hour event).

Yeah but that's what NHL games cost. That's the low end.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.