Around The NHL 2022-23 Regular Season

Brawndo

48 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Pens put Kapanen on waivers.....any interest?  Contract thru next season I believe.

Yes absolutely. We got some kids who can ride the bench. 

Pens put Kapanen on waivers.....any interest?  Contract thru next season I believe.

Yes absolutely. We got some kids who can ride the bench. Always wanted Kapanen

3 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Can you say that again, but this time with feeling? ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

Marek today on his show was right to point out Colorado might be feeling pretty darn good right now: getting healthier, now putting the wins together, weak conference,  all while the east loads up in an arms race (removing players from the west)

Edited by Thorny

29 minutes ago, Marvin said:

By points percentage the 1929-30 Bruins, the 1943-4 Canadiens, and the 1976-7 Canadiens were better.

Competition was also not close to what it is today 

4726BC1C-7BDE-4105-A14B-5E3C020E2A7B.thumb.jpeg.4e03745c7524d3963a9754fb88038454.jpeg

not to mention the 43-44 habs playing in a 6 team league. 

Edited by Thorny

5 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

No definitely not. If he can't succeed with Crosby he has to be a total stiff. 

I haven't really watched Pittsburgh so I can't say what his problem might be but he obviously has one. 

We have team chemistry now. Finally. After many years. You don't want to mess with that and the only thing you should add (if anything) is hard working character guys.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Only NJ(21) and Boston(20) have more road wins than the Sabres(19).

Can they petition the NHL to play all their remaining games on the road?

This would be for Granato to figure out at this point. 

I can't remember who it was but several years ago there was a team that had a similar thing going and end of the season they made some home games road games by having them all in a local hotel and doing the rest of the "road" things teams do. Might be worth a try. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I can't remember who it was but several years ago there was a team that had a similar thing going and end of the season they made some home games road games by having them all in a local hotel and doing the rest of the "road" things teams do. Might be worth a try. 

Part of the organizational message over Adams and Granato’s tenure has been about winning the fans back and being entertaining is part of that. I think consciously or subconsciously that has led the team to press and has contributed to the troubles on home ice. 

• Like (+1) 1

A big fat no to Kapanen. Has been subpar on a team with Crosby and MMalkin.1 goal in last 15 games. 20 points for the season. 3.3M for next year could be better. I'd like to see Granato do his magic with Greenway. I think he could be like aTuch for Cozens and Quinn.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I mean they are about to set a franchise record for road winning percentage this year...it's so crazy...

• Like (+1) 1

ESPN ran a story called "NHL Power Rankings: Checking in on each team's 25 and younger core" This is the write up on the Sabres:

18. Buffalo Sabres

Previous ranking: 19
Points percentage: 55.36%
Next seven days: @ FLA (Feb. 24), vs. WSH (Feb. 26), vs. CBJ (Feb. 28), @ BOS (March 2)

Buffalo's stable of 20-something talents should be envied the league over. Owen Power (20), Mattias Samuelsson (22) and Rasmus Dahlin (22) patrol the Sabres' blue line well. Dylan Cozens (21) and Tage Thompson (25) will highlight Buffalo down the middle for years. Peyton Krebs (22) is still growing into his NHL role, and so are JJ Peterka (21) and Jack Quinn (21). And there's Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen (23), the goaltender Buffalo hopes is its No. 1 netminder for years to come.

I have no clue how they're only 18 on this list. Boston is #1 because of Charlie McAvoy, Pavel Zacha, Trent Frederic,  and backup goalie Jeremy Swayman.

12 minutes ago, Stads said:

ESPN ran a story called "NHL Power Rankings: Checking in on each team's 25 and younger core" This is the write up on the Sabres:

18. Buffalo Sabres

Next seven days: @ FLA (Feb. 24), vs. WSH (Feb. 26), vs. CBJ (Feb. 28), @ BOS (March 2)

Buffalo's stable of 20-something talents should be envied the league over. Owen Power (20), Mattias Samuelsson (22) and Rasmus Dahlin (22) patrol the Sabres' blue line well. Dylan Cozens (21) and Tage Thompson (25) will highlight Buffalo down the middle for years. Peyton Krebs (22) is still growing into his NHL role, and so are JJ Peterka (21) and Jack Quinn (21). And there's Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen (23), the goaltender Buffalo hopes is its No. 1 netminder for years to come.

I have no clue how they're only 18 on this list. Boston is #1 because of Charlie McAvoy, Pavel Zacha, Trent Frederic,  and backup goalie Jeremy Swayman.

Espn has subpar hockey coverage. There's just multiple glaring errors in this alone. It's a lazily click bait piece. 

Edited by LGR4GM
Edit: it appears it's just their normal power rankings with a focus on the u25 players. It's a very confusing title.
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Stads said:

18. Buffalo Sabres

I haven’t read the piece.

Usually the Power Rankings are currently reflecting the team’s strength, hence the Bruins at #1. The commentary is about the talent 25 and under. In that story I would imagine Anaheim would be 30th or so even though they have Zegras, Drysdale, McTavish and more.

19 minutes ago, shrader said:

That Detroit team didn’t have the luxury of shoot outs or even the extra point for losing in OT. Let that one settle into your brains for a second. 

And the '77 Habs didn't have the luxury of OT.  How many of their 12 ties in that 132 point season would've become W's with 5-10 more minutes of play?

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And the '77 Habs didn't have the luxury of OT.  How many of their 12 ties in that 132 point season would've become W's with 5-10 more minutes of play?

82 games vs 80 adds a potential 4 points to the mix.

The Bruins are racking up the points, I can’t deny that.

That Habs team was in the middle of a 4 Cup run with a bunch of HOFers.

This Bruins team is good but not a dynasty, they are at the tail end of a solid run.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.