Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

Just now, shrader said:

Other than the perfect game last year, there can’t be any better way for the patriots to lose. I kind of want to listen to their radio stations right now. 

When they made the 1st pitch back to a teammate started to say to the wife "it would be so cool if they fumble & the Raiders score" and only had a chance to say "it would be so" before the Raider had the ball & was on his way.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Goldseatsaud said:

Ok for 50 plus minutes they played like the weather didn’t bother them 

Yeah and then it snowed.

58 minutes ago, shrader said:

Other than the perfect game last year, there can’t be any better way for the patriots to lose. I kind of want to listen to their radio stations right now. 

It was amazing!

• Like (+1) 1

Miami wasn’t effected by the weather 

Their footing was a lot worse than the Bills' was once the snow started.

Ok for 50 plus minutes they played like the weather didn’t bother them 

Right, but when it counted it affected them.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Yes.

12 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Yeah.  Also Barstool Sports founder.  Last year he was the one who held "Emergency Press Conferences" on Twitter to lament Pats losses to the Bills.  Lament is too kind:  They were meltdowns.

OK.  He's just a tool making money off of being a tool.  I'll go back to ignoring him.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Eleven said:

IS that the guy with the bad pizza reviews?

7 hours ago, SwampD said:

Yes.

6 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Yeah.  Also Barstool Sports founder. 

6 hours ago, Eleven said:

OK.  He's just a tool making money off of being a tool.  I'll go back to ignoring him.

6 hours ago, sabills said:

Portnoy sucks in a miriad of ways

Portnoy is a complicated public figure, imo. He is a true entrepreneur who has assembled an extensive bench of talent in the podcast/media space. He has a keen eye for talent and he knows how to promote personalities, events, etc. - not unlike Vince McMahon. There’s other stuff going on too, which isn’t great.

I will always credit him for loving on the video of the tearful Buffalo fan who was interviewed at a NYE party in 2017. I wish I could find the Tweet or clip. It’s the one where the guy blubbers his way through the Bills’ path to the Super Bowl - concluding with a rousing “it’s hard to beat a team three times!” in reference to an AFC Championship game at New England.

7 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Yeah.  Also Barstool Sports founder.  Last year he was the one who held "Emergency Press Conferences" on Twitter to lament Pats losses to the Bills.  Lament is too kind:  They were meltdowns.

I will not give that dude one second of my time. 

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, inkman said:

I will not give that dude one second of my time. 

2 hours ago, Weave said:

Yeah.  I’ve seen enough to convince me that he’s an awful human being who will get no clicks from me.

I cannot, will not begrudge this view. The guy's done plenty to earn it.

I will just add: He's the producing force behind what is, to me, the funniest, most entertaining "sports" podcast out there (Pardon My Take). He's also the person who gave a platform for the Zero Pod Thirty (?) podcast that has a military/vets foundation - and 2 of the contributors there are just fantastic (Chaps and Kate). As to the latter, Kate, she is easily one of my favorite content creators out on teh interwebs. Such a funny and genuine person. And not for nothing: Portnoy is also the person who brought on the "Out and About" podcast, which focuses on gay culture and features 2 very entertaining (and very gay) hosts. The list goes on. So, for me, the Portnoy guy (and Barstool) is a bit of complicated mess. He's often a troll and always an uber Delta Bravo. But he's also a modern day Vince McMahon - the guy knows how to entertain and promote.

I was at the game Saturday night and want to shout out the most authentic Santa I've ever encountered in the wild. He was sitting somewhere up yonder in the 307-308 area. His red suit looked handmade (and well made). His beard was real (and snowy white). When I hollered out "thank you, Santa!" as he was passing by to grab food or take a bio break, he sorta half turned toward me, gave a polite wave, had A TWINKLE IN HIS FUGGIN' EYE (he appeared stone cold sober, btw), let out a little "ho ho," and said "you're welcome, young man. Merry Christmas!"

Made my night, honestly.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I was at the game Saturday night and want to shout out the most authentic Santa I've ever encountered in the wild. He was sitting somewhere up yonder in the 307-308 area. His red suit looked handmade (and well made). His beard was real (and snowy white). When I hollered out "thank you, Santa!" as he was passing by to grab food or take a bio break, he sorta half turned toward me, gave a polite wave, had A TWINKLE IN HIS FUGGIN' EYE (he appeared stone cold sober, btw), let out a little "ho ho," and said "you're welcome, young man. Merry Christmas!"

Made my night, honestly.

That was actually the real Santa.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Did they actually have to challenge the two point conversion ruling the other day or was it automatic. I feel like that should fall under the scoring play rule if it wasn’t automatic. 

But it wasn't ruled a scoring play.  That's the weird thing about that rule is that it doesn't kick in until an official calls it a score.

• Agree 1