2023 NHL draft rankings

Crusader1969

So unless we get lucky, it's lucky 13th.

Axel Pelikka by Sportsnet's current rankings. Reinbacher will be gone before 13th. Too high for Oliver Bonk (2nd round pick if he slips). Not many D possibilities at that point. 

I kind of like Matthew Wood. Nate Danielson wouldn't upset me if he's still there at 13. 

I'm still BPA, but I'm hoping we can load up on several D men in this draft. If players are close, I'm going D over forward given what we already have and don't have in the system. 

• Agree 1

I've seen rankings where Reinbacher is the 2nd defender behind Simashev. Getting him to 13 though is extremely difficult. 

Axel Sandin Pellikka (RHD)

Colby Barlow

Nate Danielson

Oliver Moore

Brayden Yager

Would be the list of names Buffalo might get. I think Ryan Leonard will be gone. 

On 4/15/2023 at 5:12 PM, LGR4GM said:

I've seen rankings where Reinbacher is the 2nd defender behind Simashev. Getting him to 13 though is extremely difficult. 

Axel Sandin Pellikka (RHD)

Colby Barlow

Nate Danielson

Oliver Moore

Brayden Yager

Would be the list of names Buffalo might get. I think Ryan Leonard will be gone. 

Here's what you do: start a fake social media campaign a week before the draft that accuses Reinbacher of posting something offensive to some group. This could spook some of the teams looking at him and - bingo - he's ours. That night, after the first round is over, post a mea culpa saying the accusations were unfounded.

Edited by ...

3 hours ago, ... said:

Here's what you do: start a fake social media campaign a week before the draft that accuses Reinbacher of posting something offensive to some group. This could spook some of the teams looking at him and - bingo - he's ours. That night, after the first round is over, post a mea culpa saying the accusations were unfounded.

And our front office looks amazing for actually doing their homework and background checks on the kid 😛

On 4/15/2023 at 4:56 PM, Flashsabre said:

Macklin Celebrini could be the 1st pick in the 2024 draft.Like Bedard he is from Vancouver. He is playing for the Chicago Steel Like Power did. Kid is an electric talent.

And apparently he's accelerating so he can go to BU next season.  That's going to be one incredibly young freshman. 

2 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

7-0

Sandin-Pellikka is a talent. Elite skating and offensive talent.

I wouldn’t pass on him because he doesn’t fit the box of “big tough RHD” that some want.

8-0 now,  Sandin-Pellikka has 1G 4A. Craig Button used a good word to describe his game, poise.

The only Canada player I’ve liked is Matthew Wood,big RW played at UConn as a 17 year old.

10 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

The Dman, looks like a top 10 pick almost certainly 

His composite list rankings has been in the teens but a good showing at this tournament could elevate him into the top ten.

If he is available at 13 he could be BPA. He would probably never get the ice time or PP time to show what he’s got in Buffalo but you take him if he is that good and move him for upgrade(s) if you have to.

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

His composite list rankings has been in the teens but a good showing at this tournament could elevate him into the top ten.

If he is available at 13 he could be BPA. He would probably never get the ice time or PP time to show what he’s got in Buffalo but you take him if he is that good and move him for upgrade(s) if you have to.

Dahlin-ASP

Power-Muel

works for me long term😁

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

It will be interesting.  ASP may be the higher rated Dman but Reinbacher or Simashev would be what they need.   

21 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Dahlin-ASP

Power-Muel

works for me long term😁

I’m not loving it to be honest.  I like the Muel type for both Dahlin and Power 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.