Rd 5, Pick #134: Vsevolod Komarov (RHD)

LGR4GM

• LGR4GM changed the title to Rd 5, Pick #134: Vsevolod Komarov (RHD)

I'm glad he's already in North America.  Let's hope he stays over here.  I'm concerned about any Russian players these days.  Given the war and the surrounding political climate, it may be difficult for some of these guys to get themselves over to North America.  All that aside, he seems like a resaonable pick in the 5th round.  He's tall and young, so he could add some bulk to his frame over the next few years.  Could be in the mix for a 4th pairing or AHL regular in the future.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I'm glad he's already in North America.  Let's hope he stays over here.  I'm concerned about any Russian players these days.  Given the war and the surrounding political climate, it may be difficult for some of these guys to get themselves over to North America.  All that aside, he seems like a resaonable pick in the 5th round.  He's tall and young, so he could add some bulk to his frame over the next few years.  Could be in the mix for a 4th pairing or AHL regular in the future.

If he stays in Q for another year or two he can turn pro here instead of the KHL.

• Like (+1) 1

• SDS pinned this topic
9 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I don't hate this pick but I also don't know that much about him. I think there is potential here, but he will take quite a bit of development and even then maybe yes maybe no. 

Fun fact. Vsevolod just barely under-produced Lamoureux in the CHL this year and outproduced him in the playoffs. Why? Because they are basically the same level of prospect and what you wrote here is exactly the way to look at both.

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Fun fact. Vsevolod just barely under-produced Lamoureux in the CHL this year and outproduced him in the playoffs. Why? Because they are basically the same level of prospect and what you wrote here is exactly the way to look at both.

I'd much rather have him AND Lamoureaux AND Warren in the system. Let them compete it out and let us be as stacked in RHD as we are in LHD. I will feel better if we sign 1 or even 2 RHD in free agency, but if not, the hole remains now and in the future. 

6 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'd much rather have him AND Lamoureaux AND Warren in the system. Let them compete it out and let us be as stacked in RHD as we are in LHD. I will feel better if we sign 1 or even 2 RHD in free agency, but if not, the hole remains now and in the future. 

People said the same thing about Center going into this draft. All it takes is one draft so I won't worry too much.

57 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Centers generally develop faster though. D men take 3, 4 even 5 years. The LHD we have now need better partners. 

Our defense played much better when Dahlin was playing his off-hand for the last 10 or so games. I don’t see why he shouldn’t be considered a RHD going forward. He put up 9 point in his last 10 games. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.