2022 NHL Draft Day 2

GASabresIUFAN

13 minutes ago, Weave said:

“Nobody we’ll ever see” is about the same length to type out.

Novikov or Komarov, whatever.  The odds either ever play for the Sabres are a out 10%. KA had a chance to get a solid RHD prospect at 41 and took another large Finish goalie with a 4th rd grade instead.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

Gustav karlsson

That’s a hockey name if I’ve seen one

Oh! You fixed it!

Hockey names and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side. 

Connor Kurth had a few positive write-ups that I saw. In the 7th I guess it's a good pick for Tampa.

15 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Matt Seminoff at 179 is a huge value pickup for Dallas.  He was ranked by Mckeens at 62 and Dobber at 70.

Come on Sabres take Mittelstadt with the next pick.

Saw this writeup on him this morning and thought it would be an interesting pick:

LHD Luke Mittelstadt, Madison Capitals: The second passed-over player from my 2021 list that I’d consider taking in 2022, Mittelstadt is another late 2003 who played in the USHL this year and is off to college (Minnesota) in the fall. Mittelstadt is a highly-gifted offensive defenseman who led all under-19 USHL defensemen in goals (19) this year and finished second in that age bracket in points (55 in 60 games, which actually led the Capitals). He also added another five goals and nine points in 14 playoff games.

Mittelstadt, the younger brother of Sabres forward Casey Mittelstadt, was the star of Minnesota’s minor hockey and then high school circuit growing up and actually declined to go to the national program so that he could play at home. He’s got a silky first touch and regularly breaks ankles off of the point, and he made important progress developing his acceleration, his fitness and his decision-making this year. Both Mittelstadt and Wilmer were first-team all-stars in the USHL this season.

Here was one source on Mittelstadt last year: “His talent is off the charts. Just on God-given talent, he’s above (Wild second-rounder Jack) Peart. He’s that talented. He’s a true skill guy.”

https://theathletic.com/3353882/2022/07/03/nhl-draft-awards-goalie-rankings/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.