GDT - Panthers @ Sabres - April 3, 2022 - 1:00 PM (EST) - MSG-B WGR ESPN+

woods-racer

Shots 31-18… The difference… No attack… Tokarski keeping us in the game… 

Edited by Believer
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, K-9 said:

I was worried about the letdown after Friday night. Guys gotta learn it’s just as important to shake off big wins as much as it is to shake off big losses. 

Was thinking the same thing... young team... learning process... lets see effort in the 3rd

We must remember this is a work in progress. That said, IF Sabres are to make a run at playoff chance, need to get through the murders row that is the ATLANTIC. Not either or with Sabres growth, rather growth AND some ATLANTIC teams have to fall back win wise. Keep up the growth mindset, and for gods sake get the needed support to kee players healthy (Bills facilities ring a bell?).

• Like (+1) 1

This whole sequence with the two goals began with a dubious icing.  I am getting fed up with icing where the defending team coasts back to allow the puck to cross the line or a player deliberately goes the wrong way to avoid playing the puck on a potential icing.

Before the 1994 lock-out, you could do everythin you could to stop a puck from getting past you or go at top speed and the linesmen still would not call the icing.  I prefer this because it keeps the play going and does not reward gaming the rules.  IMHO, the second a player turns the wrong direction, plays a nearby player instead of going after the puck, or stops going at full speed, the linesmen should automatically waive off the icing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Agreed these lousy icing's where there is absolutely NO effort need to be stopped. I also note that Florida sure do shoot a lot and run up the shot totals with many pretty basic. I am not overly impressed by Florida and their defense is pretty bland and don;t think that even after giving away their 1st rounders for the next 50 years they are anywhere near good enough to win the  cup. 

The whole mess called thew second period started when Bryson stumbled and gave the puck away that led to a deflating goal. Florida waits for mistakes then pounces on them, which is great today but can't see them getting far come playoff time (and they have given away their future for this year's team)...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.