GDT - Panthers @ Sabres - April 3, 2022 - 1:00 PM (EST) - MSG-B WGR ESPN+

woods-racer

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

But you still didn't explain what the numbers mean.  I don't want to know though... the point is I think the NHL encouraging sports betting is a terrible idea.

I don't care what the numbers mean. I don't bet. It's just a numerical way of showing how evenly matched two teams are. 

In this case because the numbers are so far apart (separated by 500 ) they are not evenly matched teams.

It's the easiest stat for me to understand in 5 seconds (next to the greatest stat of all time the +/- ) , I don't care who produces a stat.

Here's and old Irish stat, say it as fast as possible in your best Irish Brogue.

WHALE

OIL

BEEF 

HOOKED

If this game goes as some predict.

• Haha (+1) 4

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I hate everything about gambling odds, most of all when the broadcast prostitutes itself by going over this stuff during the period break and utterly failing to explain it in an understandable way.

(but thanks for starting the thread  😉 )

Yeah, I get it. That said, they are a sponsor & legal in NY. 

2 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

John is a member here:   @john wawrow

He sure is. Must Whip

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

He hasn't been involved in quite a while. My impression is that he got tired of engaging with the snipers who were more interested in battle than in exchanging thoughts and responsibly challenging viewpoints. He had some interesting insights due to his proximity that added to this forum. However, some posters were more interested in being combative.  

I think you have it backwards. Hoppe is even better for this. And Hammy. And even my man Harrington. They are not interested in customer engagement.

38 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

Best thing about game today….RJ on the call - one of 7 left. Savor it.

Lets go Buffalo! The boys owe FLA for smack down last time in the Bank!

I like "The Bank" as a nickname.

I'm hoping the boys can build up some currency there and earn it. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

Next 4 games will tell a lot and how far they are from top teams

It's already been told imo with the current streak mostly coming against playoff teams. 

They're not far off but yet have a ways to go.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.