Can Jacob Bryson be effective in the playoffs?

LGR4GM

32 minutes ago, SwampD said:

We still have different opinions even though the thread is gone. There was no need to delete it.

It's okay to disagree,… at least, it should be.

Our opinions are less different than you think

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

I think I just got an uh-oh feeling.

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Don't worry, I checked the catalog before posting, inkman isn't active

It’s like leaving a steak on the dinner table with my dog within sniffing distance. Steak gone get ate. 

Not to take this thread off track, but did anyone notice in the first minute of play in the Pittsburgh game, Bryson back checking and chasing down Crosby at the blue line? It was awesome. He fell, unfortunately, but he lifted his stick just enough to allow Mule to harmlessly pick his pocket and advance the puck out of the zone.

Great play.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 2

I'm drunk, just home but his play on our 3rd goal tonight at the blue line.

He does not get an assist, but he cuts back, fools his defender and casually throws it to asplund on the board.
that goal doesn't happen without him.

https://www.nhl.com/video/olofsson-puts-home-slick-feed/t-332005170/c-11088353

• Like (+1) 1

Can Bryson be effective in the playoffs?   Yes.  Until we see otherwise I have to say yes since he is playing decent hockey right now so it is possible  

I am on record as stating I will worry about him holding up during Cup playoff run. I still feel that way for now. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, pi2000 said:

I'm sorry to say his destiny is that of a career AHL'er.... he's just too small.    

Do bette... er..  bigger.  

Your source tells me otherwise.

Bryson will turn out to be the perfect complementary Dman, whether his partner is Dahlin, Power or Muel.  He will be the one to let his partner shine.

18 hours ago, pi2000 said:

I'm sorry to say his destiny is that of a career AHL'er.... he's just too small.    

Do bette... er..  bigger.  

Agree. He is not in the Sabres Future. Owen Powers and Mattias Samuelsson have the size and skating skills to be studs and push out the little guys like Bryson. 

30 minutes ago, JKB1646 said:

Agree. He is not in the Sabres Future. Owen Powers and Mattias Samuelsson have the size and skating skills to be studs and push out the little guys like Bryson. 

Owen Power.  No S.

I think Bryson is showing himself to be useful as a guy who can easily play either LD or RD.  Having a guy able to switch is valuable.  In addition to that, he has played pretty well.

With Dahlin, Samuelsson and Power as LHD, it certainly does make playing time for Bryson more of a challenge, but for an organization that is really lacking in RHD, having someone who can play the right side well is very useful right now.  Until they bring in a RHD or two to push him out, I think there is a place for Bryson.

• Like (+1) 1

I said it in that thread that no longer exists……. He’ll make a good return for a vet mentor to Power.

And I think that is his real value.  He’s probably 4th or 5th on the depth chart.  Some team will be happy to get him in return.

• Like (+1) 1

My prediction is that Bryson will be the right-side partner to one of our top-3 LHD (Dahlin, Power, Samuelsson) for the next 1/2 decade.

My other prediction is that 2-3 times a year Bryson will get badly out-muscled for a goal against and for certain fans it will always be those 2-3 plays that define him.  

22 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

That's the one I meant to post! I always get my NFL coaches memes mixed up.

Not to be pedantic but what skaught posted was a gif, not a meme.  A meme is a viral image that depicts a certain cultural concept or behavior, which people identify with and share.  And you posted neither.  It was a YouTube video.   

Next week we will tackle NFT’s.  

If the Sabres are in the playoffs next season it’s bc Bryson isn’t in the top 6, and Joki is moved the the third pairing with Muel, and GMKA has brought in two (not one) to play alongside Dahlin & Power. 

2 hours ago, Archie Lee said:

My prediction is that Bryson will be the right-side partner to one of our top-3 LHD (Dahlin, Power, Samuelsson) for the next 1/2 decade.

My other prediction is that 2-3 times a year Bryson will get badly out-muscled for a goal against and for certain fans it will always be those 2-3 plays that define him.  

This sounds right.  Unless he is traded to acquire a different roster player, such as a RHD.

6 hours ago, Archie Lee said:

17 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Bryson will turn out to be the perfect complementary Dman, whether his partner is Dahlin, Power or Muel.  He will be the one to let his partner shine.

Well at least the two of us see eye-to-eye.

4 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

Not to be pedantic but what skaught posted was a gif, not a meme.  A meme is a viral image that depicts a certain cultural concept or behavior, which people identify with and share.  And you posted neither.  It was a YouTube video.   

I'll jump in and be pedantic:  A meme is literally "an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation."  (Source:  Oxford Languages Dictionary)

It is not necessarily a specific medium.  It may be a static image, an animated gif, a YouTube video or any number of other media.

Edited by The Ghost of Yuri