Trade Deadline: Sabres do nothing

LGR4GM

Just now, LGR4GM said:

I'm fine with that

6 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

So much for seeing the "Kids" after the deadline I've been hearing for ever

Leave em where they are. A long playoff run on the farm would go a long way for em. 

If they're ready, we'll see them next season in Blue and Gold.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Sounds like to a degree; he hopes that by not upsetting the applecart that the core will have some success in the remaining 19 games and will truly gel. And if Hinostroza and Miller are important to that for this year in particular, then that is likely more valuable than a 6th in 2023. 

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, jsb said:

Personally I think some of you have way overrated the UFA jags on this team.

I think Granato has squeezed all the value he could out of the JAGs and every other team knew it.  Eakin is good for faceoffs and dressing room levity.  You move him to another team they only care about FOs, but if he's otherwise useless the probably don't even care about that.

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I like the fact that Adams protected our progress over what would of been not high draft picks for any of these guys.  it is time to start winning and building that type of culture versus the tank mindset.

I kind of feel that down the road, we'll look back at the deals KA has made and didn't make and see that any tactical flaws that were made still supported the overall strategic vision he has for the club.

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

The only problem I see with this is if they fall flat in the last 19 and start to regress a bit. 

I don't see that going over so well. 

Eh.  Even that won't be the end of the world.  Just improve the team in the offseason and start strong next year and all is forgiven.

• Thanks (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Im just here now to watch the overreactions from the same posters who say player x, y, and z are trash but then also Adams is trash for not trading those players. 

I don't know if this was directed at me, but I am not surprised KA didn't trade anyone since I never thought that Eakin, Miller, Butcher had much if any trade value.  I also doubted Anderson, Pysyk and Hinostroza would be traded because I believe KA might bring Pysyk and Hinostroza back next season at value depth and even put of them in both in my sample rosters for next season.  Anderson has become a leader and mentor, which KA discussed when he signed them and KA wouldn't have traded him anywhere Anderson didn't want to go.  I also said in the deadline rumors thread that he wouldn't move anyone with term or control.  

I guess the only sort of surprise is that the "net" said Miller had some decent value.  I would love to know what teams offered the UFAs.  

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

I don't know if this was directed at me, but I am not surprised KA didn't trade anyone since I never thought that Eakin, Miller, Butcher had much if any trade value.  I also doubted Anderson, Pysyk and Hinostroza would be traded because I believe KA might bring Pysyk and Hinostroza back next season at value depth and even put of them in both in my sample rosters for next season.  Anderson has become a leader and mentor, which KA discussed when he signed them and KA wouldn't have traded him anywhere Anderson didn't want to go.  I also said in the deadline rumors thread that he wouldn't move anyone with term or control.  

I guess the only sort of surprise is that the "net" said Miller had some decent value.  I would love to know what teams offered the UFAs.  

Wasn't directed at anyone specifically. 

4 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I kind of feel that down the road, we'll look back at the deals KA has made and didn't make and see that any tactical flaws that were made still supported the overall strategic vision he has for the club.

Eh.  Even that won't be the end of the world.  Just improve the team in the offseason and start strong next year and all is forgiven.

Well yeah, that's very reasonable of you and I agree.

I'll just be eating my popcorn 🍿  while I peruse the rest of the comments if that does happen though 😅 

7 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I scoured the reputable rumour mongers over the weekend and only found one mention of Colin Miller (Spector's Hockey).  I imagine his long-term injury damaged whatever value he had.

The real questions still remain! How does KA gets us cap complaint next season while adding the right depth to mentor Power, Quinn et al while also helping this team take the next step toward being competitive?  Should be a very interesting off-season.  I believe the right moves are out there for this team to take a huge leap next season.

We discussed in another thread the turnaround the team made back in 2003/04 when the Briere/Drury team began to emerge.  The next 19 game will show whether this team is ready to make a similar turnaround. After the 6 game losing streak this team has found something and is now 6-3 in their last nine games and all 6 wins were against playoff teams or teams still fighting for a wildcard/playoff spot.  Granted the 3 loses were poorly played games, but the team rebounded beautifully from those games.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I scoured the reputable rumour mongers over the weekend and only found one mention of Colin Miller (Spector's Hockey).  I imagine his long-term injury damaged whatever value he had.

The Fourth Period had him on their top 40 trade list (32nd) with Edm, Bos, Stl and Carolina interested.  They also had Hagg at 29th.  The Athletic had him and Vinnie as our most valuable assets, but suggested that his recent injury might hurt his market.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.