Sabres are 2nd in points lost due to injury

LGR4GM

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

How do they figure this out?

Really ????? Is there anything to this??

I would guess they are doing games lost and then multiplying that by individual player WAR or something along those lines. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Yeah, but how do they figure how many points are lost due to the injuries.  I know they can figure out the man games lost and junk, but how do they equate that to actual points lost?

Some combination of games lost and offense added for the lost players. For example Montreal has about 100 more games lost than Buffalo but aren't ahead on this list because some of the lost players they have suck. Just something fun to ponder. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

I find it so interesting that the Bills have one of the best track records regarding injuries in the last couple of years, while the Sabres have one of the worst.  I just saw an article this morning in which OJ Howard said that one of the reasons why he signed with the Bills was the advanced sports training center and how it might help him stay healthy during the season.  With all of the investments the Pegulas made in Harbor Center a few years ago, it's baffling that they can't get the same type of results with the hockey team.  With the Sabres on the upswing and the future bright, I hope they can figure this out.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I find it so interesting that the Bills have one of the best track records regarding injuries in the last couple of years, while the Sabres have one of the worst.  I just saw an article this morning in which OJ Howard said that one of the reasons why he signed with the Bills was the advanced sports training center and how it might help him stay healthy during the season.  With all of the investments the Pegulas made in Harbor Center a few years ago, it's baffling that they can't get the same type of results with the hockey team.  With the Sabres on the upswing and the future bright, I hope they can figure this out.

Agreed.  But with the Sabres, there are a lot of things to fix: the arena, the facilities, and the trainers.

10 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

Can’t fix the water